Lowest prices for your stay
$440
Hotels.com
$440
Get rewarded with One Key
Algotels
$359
EdM

Beautiful boutique hotel in Chicago's theatre district.

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 9, 2019via mobile
We needed a last minute weeknight reservation and was pleasantly surprised to find the Silversmith Hotel. It was modern and beautifully appointed at a reasonable rate. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was within walking distance of the theatres and a variety of eateries. It is also close to Millenium Park. It has a nice bar that offers room service and a made to order breakfast (not included, but you can buy the package), but we did not eat there. We would stay there again.
Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Frank L, General Manager at Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this review
Responded Jul 15, 2019
Hello budgtrav4321,

Thanks for sharing such great feedback! We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and got to take advantage of our wonderful location. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay in downtown Chicago.

Thanks again!
12.7 miles from Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown
Pool
View more hotels in Chicago
2,716 results
All reviews the loop millennium park art institute great location l train within walking distance the bean blue line front desk staff two blocks public transportation room was spacious sitting area state street valet parking definitely stay here again palmer house
Selected filters
Reviewed June 25, 2019

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in June 2019. It was our first trip travelling without our children (now teenagers), so we decided to treat ourselves to a nice hotel. The Silversmith Hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. First, the location is amazing. Easily accessible via public transit from both airports. It is walking distance to all downtown attractions with great restaurants everywhere. We took an Uber to north Loop one evening but it was an easy walk back (20 minutes). The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful. The tall ceilings made the room feel even more spacious than it was. We loved the décor and furnishings. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was huge and we loved the line of body wash, soap and shampoo that the hotel uses. Our room had a large shower but no bathtub - I'm not sure if that's the case with all the rooms. Housekeeping was excellent and the room was spotless. Even though the hotel was very busy, it was very quiet, especially at night. All the staff members we encountered were amazing and very accommodating - we had to store our luggage both the day we arrived and the day we left. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I want to give a special mention to the Bell Captain that we dealt with but I have forgotten his name (it started with an R, that much I remember). I am so sorry for forgetting your name but you were lovely :) In summary, we highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here when we return to Chicago.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2019

I was going to Chicago for a combination pleasure, business trip and I was looking for a boutique hotel in the Loop that was convenient to transportation. I stumbled across the Silversmith and decided to pass up on my usual choices and give it a try. I learned from researching it that you want to make sure that you get an upper floor room in the back, as the L runs right in front of the hotel. The convenience of the L was partly what drew me to the Silversmith in the first place. I got downtown early, and they were able to quickly accommodate me with a room. Located on the eighth floor in the back, it was spacious, quiet and well appointed. The entire staff, from the front desk to the bell person seem to be genuinely happy to see me. This is somewhat unusual in many hotels and I was pleasantly surprised. My Deluxe King room had exceptionally comfortable bed, the Wi-Fi was fast and free, and the TV had numerous premium channels. The room was quiet, with no noise from the L at all, and even street noise was minimal. The public areas are well appointed and perfectly fit the era of the building.

The location is great, close to The Art Institute, Millennium Park, and the shops on Michigan Avenue. I did not do most of the touristy stuff, as I have frequently visited Chicago and this time I had more of a schedule. But for those of you who want to do Navy pier, the Field Museum, the Shedd Aquarium, etc. all are within minutes of the hotel. This was a wonderful find in downtown Chicago.

Room tip: Rooms on the upper floors in the back of the hotel away from the L are definitely going to be quieter.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank RDBAz
Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

Great hotel, can’t say enough good things. We stayed here for a long weekend - the location was excellent! Easy walk to Michigan Avenue, Millennium park, the art museum, the theatre- etc.
Also just a quick Uber (longer walk) to Fulton Market and other cool areas.
The staff was amazing- VERY accommodating! I’m a nursing mom so had to pump throughout our stay and they graciously let me freeze and store my breastmilk.
Decor was swanky and room was clean. Highly recommend!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2019

Great location close to L and union Station. Millenium Park only a block away. Friendly and helpful staff. Quiet hotel rooms with safety measures to enter floors Clean and comfortable. Highly recommend

Room tip: Room away from the L
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank John and Pat W
Reviewed June 17, 2019 via mobile

We were in town for Pokémon GoFest 2019 being held at Grant Park. Location was ideal as less than 10 minute walk to north entrance to Grant Park with several breakfast places along the way (Goddess and the Baker is to die for) and a pharmacy at the end of the block. It is 5 minute walk to Millennium Park, 30 seconds to the L, situated perfectly to head out and explore all that downtown Chicago has to offer. We taxi’d to the Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile, and several other places while there, all costing under 10 dollars each for a ride.

The hotel itself is gorgeous, reminds me very much of the Beekman in NYC, and as we stayed in a premium King Bed room, we had a separate room for eating and hanging out. Loved it! Bathroom was modern and UTD, all Molton Brown bathroom products, and even though we were in 3rd floor (think level of the L) - the train passing was a mild roar... almost hypnotic. If you don’t want to hear the train as for a higher room. We did room service our first night there and the food - excellent. Cobb salad and Reuben were well made and if they were any indication of the rest of the menu, I’d have no problem ordering anything else. There are at least 7-8 other restaurants immediately around the hotel. You’ll want for nothing here.

We will be returning to the Silversmith when in Chicago - with a 30 min train ride to Midway, ideal location, great amenities and great hospitality, this is a must return to place.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple