“a pleasant evening.”

Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown
Ranked #21 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We arrived around 5 in the evening. The door man was very nice and we went up to the room. It was clean and quaint We got ready for dinner and went out. In the morning the continental breakfast was nice. I enjoy coffee and the coffee was fresh, hot and tasty. We heard the El every twenty minutes but overall it was a very nice experience and the hotel employees were great..... I

Room Tip: rooms on the north side are quieter.......
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hans R, General Manager at Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you, duckmdude, for choosing to stay at Silversmith Hotel. We pride ourselves on providing superior guest service, and are pleased to hear you had an excellent experience during your visit to Chicago. Our new lounge and restaurant, Adamus, is open now and available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We hope you have to chance to visit us again soon, as we'd love to hear your feedback about the lounge.

There are newer reviews for Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown

Reviewed April 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for two nights during a conference/work trip. I was able to get a AAA discount, so it was cheaper than the nearby conference hotel. And I was surprised/impressed at how nice the Silversmith is. Probably the "nicest nice" hotel I've stayed in. The staff were very friendly, and the room was so clean, comfortable, and well designed. Wonderful location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear parsleysage9, thank you so much for your kind comments regarding Silversmith Hotel. We've just completed a full remodel and opened a vibrant new lounge, Adamus, and we're thrilled you enjoyed our new look. Guest service is our top priority, and we will pass along your compliments to our staff. We hope you and your husband will visit us again for your next business trip, or join us for a few days of leisure to further take advantage our central location close to many Chicago attractions. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Dont let the exterior fool you. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was.The furnishing were fresh and modern,comfortable bed,nice bathroom etc, felt high-end. The staff was friendly and accomadating (especially when I needed to receive a fax). As far as location,the CTA is just steps from the hotel door. We arrived from Ohare on the Blue line but that is a very short walk to the hotel. The Red line is closest (you can transfer to the red from the blue if you dont want to walk but its really no big deal). Shops at Magnificent mile and State st are short distance away. The hotel's restuarant was closed due to construction but there was plenty of restuarants very close by. The El goes by this hotel but our room was in the back and we did not have a problem with noise. We just had one window that faces the wall of another building so no nice view, but that's not what I was looking for in a hotel. Overrall our stay was comfortable and I would book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesnt face the EL,back room was quiet
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you, Jaklyn9811, for a wonderful review of Silversmith Hotel. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our recently remodeled gust rooms with modern decor and were able to take advantage of our prime, downtown location. We hate that you missed out on our new lounge and restaurant. Adamus is now open so hopefully you can visit us again soon for the the full experience! We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I often stay here when I have an overnight business event. The location is excellent. The staff is always friendly and helpful. There are many restaurants nearby. Convenient to Macy's and other shopping. High charge for parking, but that's the case with all Chicago hotels.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a desk and close to the elevator. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ldg4283
Hans R, General Manager at Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

ldg4283, thank you for you kind comments about Silversmith Hotel. We're pleased to be your destination of choice during business trips, and it sounds like you are able to take advantage of our prime downtown location. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and will pass along your compliments to our staff. We're excited to share that our new lounge and restaurant, Adamus, is opening soon. We look forward to hearing your thoughts during your next stay with us, either for business or pleasure.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

The unassuming entrance under the El is almost on the corner of Wabash and Washington: it hides a totally remodelled interior. It is very modern, spartan, urbane. Our king bed room was spacious with modern/post-modern touches with mirrors, art, and light fixtures. It has a bright, expansive bathrrom in light marble, with a large walkin shower. Our room toward the back of the hotel sheltered us from most of the passing El noise so the double-pane windows are decently effective. Only bad is a breakfast that is very skimpy, with few choices. The hotel is close to many tourist destinations downtown, just a few blocks from the Art Institure for instance. Lots of restaurants in the area. Prices are competitive for downtown. The hotel is a find.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room or a room on a floor above the El to avoid a bit of it's passing noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NuadaSilverHand

Thank you, NuadaSilverHand, for taking the time to review your recent stay at Silversmith Hotel. We consider ourselves to be a rare gem encased in classical architecture, and are pleased to hear you share the same sentiment. We're glad you enjoyed our recently remodeled contemporary guest rooms and spacious bathrooms, and were able to experience some of the Chicago attractions located nearby. Adamus, our new lounge and restaurant, is opening soon, so you will have many options for breakfast, lunch and dinner during your next visit. We hope to welcome you again in the near future, and appreciate your recommendation of Silversmith.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Great location and fantastic service. I really enjoyed my stay, the room was comfortable and really relaxing - I love the decor! The room was big and had everything I needed. I especially enjoyed the robe - nice and warm after a shower.

It was easy to get around by foot and the train is right outside the door. The staff are friendly and very helpful. I hope I get the chance to stay again and try out the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Hi, K4ren66. Thank you for the wonderful review of Silversmith Hotel. We appreciate your feedback regarding the new décor and are pleased to hear our service made a lasting impression. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of our central location, and we can't wait for you to experience Adamus during your next visit. Thank you, K4ren66. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I love it. After three days crossing the country on the Empire Builder train, finding this little gem of a hotel right in the Loop where I could rest my travel-weary head was heaven. The staff were helpful, friendly and welcoming. Very professional, but when this old mountain lady from Montana showed up, they were quick to unbend and chat. That kind of flexibility of attitude is truly appreciated.

The bed was comfy. In-room temperature control was huge, since I hate sleeping in an over-warm room. The shower was simply perfect. I'm going to build one just like it in my home, I liked it so much. Comfy robe to lounge in after. So civilized.

You'd think it would be noisy, right on the loop, and you could, in fact, hear the trains go by, but they were so muted and muffled, that it was actually kind of romantic in a weird kind of big-city ambiance kind of way. I slept long and well.

Beautiful workout space in the gorgeous lobby. Nice breakfast. I wish the restaurant had been finished, but I'm sure it will be a wonderful addition when it is.

All in all, this was a delight. I'll stay here again next time I'm in Chicago.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the loop might be noisier than mine was. No view from the rooms, like mine, that face...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Hans R, General Manager at Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you, travelinc0wgirl, for the wonderful review and recommendation of Silversmith Hotel. We are so glad you chose to stay at our hotel during your cross-country travels. We think ourselves as a rare gem that has been refined and polished, and are delighted to hear you share the same sentiment. We appreciate your feedback of our guest service, spacious bathrooms and recent remodel, as we strive to provide an experience that exceeds expectations in all aspects. We hope you will join us again soon and have a chance to experience Adamus, our lounge and restaurant. We look forward to your next visit.