Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown
$880
$675
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
La Quinta
  • Breakfast included
$484
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 06/01
$309
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$946
$607
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
Orbitz.com
2,211 results
All reviewsthe loopmillennium parkart institutegreat locationelevated traintrain noisel trainlarge bathroomwithin walking distancebrick wallthe beanblue linelight sleeperbeautiful hotelfront desk staffpublic transportationtwo blocks
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Recently worked at the Silversmith in downtown Chicago. Pleasantly surprised with this property. Older property getting a nice face lift. Attentive staff and nice updates for the rooms. Front door and front desk staff were friendly and it is located right in the middle of the action in Chitown. Parking stinks, but what parking doesn't in downtown Chicago? Very nice and roomy bathroom!This may sound silly, but 1 thing important to me is speedy elevators. The Silversmith's were. They had 3. Nice place, nice price and I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich M
Hans R, General Manager at Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to WOW you. We hope to see you again at The Silversmith Hotel.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

By reading reviews on this hotel I was slightly apprehensive on booking here. Concerns from these reviews on noise from the el trains, construction, and lack of restaurant / bar turned out to be a non issue during our stay. We were on the 8th floor directly above the train and barely heard any trains. The construction was only noticed on the ground floor and a bit in the hallway on our floor. The room was perfect; nice large bathroom and a very comfortable bed. The only problem we had was the refridgerator, which never was cold. We did call this in and maintenance was to look at but never heard if they did check it out or not, but temperature did not improve. All staff members we encountered were friendly and helpful. In talking with one of the employees he explained some of the changes in process; finishing the restaurant / bar, expanding the fitness center and moving registarion to the ground floor. I'd really like to return to see the finshed product when these changes have been completed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again when our restaurant is completed. We can't wait to welcome you back to The Silversmith Hotel!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a great small hotel located in the middle of the Loop.

The hotel is very clean, very well appointed and has an outstanding location.

The service staff was very helpful and friendly during my stay.

I was in town to see the sights and attend a sporting event. The location allowed me to hop on a number of the train lines (theres a stop right outside the front door) or many of the bus routes have stops on the same city block that the hotel is located on.

This hotel doesn't have a ton of the amenities that some high end places have. There's no spa on site or on site restaurant for room service. But for my money the location, comfort and cleaninless is the most important for a stay in Chicago. I can walk or commute to a nice restaurant when i need to.

This is a great hotel for visiting Chicago. I would recommend it for familes, couples and when the location is right for business.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side will be quieter as they are away from the train. Not sure it's a problem but if you're a light sleeper it might be best to ask.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WestMichEng

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed our great service from our employees and our location which can't be beat! We hope to see you again when our restaurant is up and running!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Silversmith is a wonderful hotel located at the center of just about everything that you need. My wife and I stayed four nights while she was attending a conference in Chicago. Upon our arrival we were greeted by the doorman and valet, who were very pleasant and helpful. Check in went very quick and we were given a king room on the 9th floor. 9th floor was undergoing some renovation at the time but nothing that we couldn’t live with. Room was very nice; having looked like it had recently been renovated. Room had a small sitting area with a television along with a king size bed with another TV. Bathroom was large with a great walk-in shower. Room was facing the front of the building and you could look down on the elevated tracks. Occasionally you could hear the train go by, but it wasn’t disruptive. Used the exercise room the following day and equipment was nice but room was a little small. The hotel provided a nice continental breakfast to start your day. It looked like one time the hotel had a restaurant but it was being remodeled at the time of our visit. The front door staff was very accommodating and friendly and helped us to both get cabs and advised us where to catch the Metro. “El” station right at the corner of the hotel and Metro was only a block and a half away. Everything was in walking distance from the Hotel. We easily walked to the shops on Michigan Ave, the Aquarium and the Field Museum from the hotel. A fifteen minute stroll and you could easily be at the north end of Michigan Ave. However, there was plenty of shopping in the area on State Street, one block to the west. Plenty of restaurants in the area, including Panera Bread, Miller’s Pub and the Bergoff. For the value in Chicago, the hotel was well worth it. If traveling back to Chicago, we would look at staying at the Silversmith again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We hope to see again soon at The Silversmith Hotel.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The room we stayed in was recently redecorated with an old Hollywood chic elegance- it felt very posh. The room had everything we needed including plush towels and cozy bedding which are a must for a vacation. But the best part of the Silversmith is the staff! From start to finish we had incredible service. I had problems with Groupon and the manager fixed everything for me. It was our daughter's birthday and the staff left her goodies and a handwritten note in the room. I left my phone and gloves in the car and the valet walked four blocks to go hunt for those items in my car and brought them back to me immediately! I was so grateful as my phone is my life line and had all my precious photos in it. I could go on and on about the staff- truly the best of any hotel I have ever stayed in anywhere: USA and out of the country. Each staff member was kind, courteous, helpful, polite and genuine, not phony. From reservations/front desk to bell hops to valet to housekeeping. They truly made our visit a wonderful, lovely memory!

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your great comments. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful service. We hope to see you again at The Silversmith Hotel.