We had less than 48 hours to see Chicago and staying on Wabash allowed us to walk to the museums and Millennium Park easily. Our visit was pleasant and we would definitely stay here again. The hotel was quiet, we heard the subway during the day but it stops late at night (1am?); no noise from other guests. The king suite was spacious, as was the bathroom, and pretty comfortable; one nice detail was a padded window seat that allowed us to seat and watch the rain outside (no real view to speak of, just other buildings). The staff was helpful but even so the room was not well supplied. For instance, we came in from a very late flight and found the sofa bed for my son was not made up and there were no extra sheets, blankets, or pillows in the room – these were delivered within 10 mins but we were the ones that had to make up the bed. Ditto with the towels, there were not enough in the bathroom for two people. There was only one coffee cup the first day (Styrofoam) and the second day there were no cups and I had to call down and ask for some to be delivered.
The suite has two TVs but since there are only 9 feet apart, it is not really feasible for two people to be watching different shows. There was a light breakfast in the lobby: mini-bagels, cream cheese, orange juice, muffins, and coffee. We decide to walk half a miles down the street and have breakfast instead at the Yolk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy exceptional service, a warm and elegant setting with an unparalleled location in downtown Chicago. The Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown is a a rare gem, that is encased in classical architecture and sparkling with a new choice of luxury through contemporary spacious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Silversmith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago
- The Silversmith Hotel And Suites
- Silversmith Hotel Chicago