We stayed her for 4 nights in June and loved the peace and serenity of this historic Art Deco Hotel in the centre of town.The hotel is in a great location for accessing all of downtown Chicago (Millenium Park, the Art Institute of Chicago, shopping and restaurants. It is walking distance to all the summer events in the Millenium park, the Art Institute, the theatres (we walked around the corner and saw The Book of Morman which was excellent.) and since the subway/train is right outside the door you can get anywhere. We also went on two different architecture tours which both started in the Loop were in walking distance. The architecture in the loop is varied and historically stunning and worth investigating.
We asked for a room at the back as high as possible and and they were very obliging and friendly, so even though it was facing other buildings, it was very quiet and being high up there was plenty of light. The room was spacious, the bed extremely comfortable, as was the big bathroom and was a pleasure to return to after a day of sightseeing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy exceptional service, a warm and elegant setting with an unparalleled location in downtown Chicago. The Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown is a a rare gem, that is encased in classical architecture and sparkling with a new choice of luxury through contemporary spacious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your The Silversmith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago
- The Silversmith Hotel And Suites
- Silversmith Hotel Chicago