My wife and I stopped here for 3 nights at the end of June, the week the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. It is just a short walk from Monroe Blue Line station on the ‘L’ from O'Hare and 10 steps to Madison/Wabash on the Loop so its location is ideal. The hotel when you walk in off the street is not that impressive, but when you get to the lobby on the 1st floor it is. It is an old historic hotel, and we were in 317 at the back of the hotel so noise from the Loop was not an issue at all, we never heard it. The room was fine, with very high ceilings and in very good condition. The only criticisms I would have are lack of natural light into the room. It is quite low down and backs onto an alley. The shower head was a bit of a nightmare to control due to not fixing into its bracket, but the bathroom was enormous and the shower huge. There was also only one bedside table which seemed a bit strange. It offered good value for money though, and its location for the main attractions ideal. We would definitely consider stopping here again if in Chicago.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy exceptional service, a warm and elegant setting with an unparalleled location in downtown Chicago. The Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown is a a rare gem, that is encased in classical architecture and sparkling with a new choice of luxury through contemporary spacious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silversmith Hotel And Suites
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago
- Silversmith Hotel Chicago