While visiting our infant grandchild in NICU at University of Chicago / Comer Children Hospital at 3:30 am, we were needing a place to rest after 9 1/2 hours of traveling. Our son found the Silversmith Hotel on the internet and made our reservation. We were welcome by the friendly Valet & staff. We were given a discount because of our grandchild's critical condition, and not knowing how long we would need to stay. The hotel has a "old time grandeur appeal', with beautiful marble / wood walls and trim. The room was spacious and inviting. The minor negative we had (which is really not a negative) was the train right outside our window. Not being use to that type of noise living in a rural area. I am sure it would be and exciting plus for anyone visiting Chicago on a pleasure / sightseeing trip. We accidently took off with a clothes hanger, but called and made it right with the hotel, promising to return it on our next visit the "Silversmith".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy exceptional service, a warm and elegant setting with an unparalleled location in downtown Chicago. The Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown is a a rare gem, that is encased in classical architecture and sparkling with a new choice of luxury through contemporary spacious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Silversmith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silversmith Hotel And Suites
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago
- Silversmith Hotel Chicago