If you're looking for a decent hotel in the loop of Chicago, without spending a lot, and you don't spend much time in your room, The Silversmith is perfect. It's 20 steps away from the L (brown/green lines) so transportation around Chicago is a breeze. And it's only about 1 block and a half away from Cloudgate (a.k.a. The Bean in Millenium Park).
The lobby was very nice (take the elevator to the second floor for the lobby). We were originally booked in a 2 bed room, and we got switched to a queen bed instead. Thank goodness. The room was SMALL. With a queen bed there was barely any room to move. But we weren't spending much time in there, so it worked just fine for us.
One thing I'd like to mention is the staff. Hands down some of the friendliest people you could ever want to run into while traveling. I don't just mean one or two people, but the entire time, every single person had a smile on their face, greeted you, and was just pleasant to deal with.
I'm not saying I would go out of my way to stay here again, but I sure wouldn't avoid it either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy exceptional service, a warm and elegant setting with an unparalleled location in downtown Chicago. The Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown is a a rare gem, that is encased in classical architecture and sparkling with a new choice of luxury through contemporary spacious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Silversmith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago
- The Silversmith Hotel And Suites
- Silversmith Hotel Chicago