2,305 results
All reviews the loop millennium park art institute great location elevated train train noise l train large bathroom within walking distance cloud gate brick wall the bean light sleeper blue line front desk staff two blocks beautiful hotel
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Just had a quick one night stay at the Silversmith on Wabash in Chicago. The location was very convenient to the office where my meeting was. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful upon check-in, and took plenty of extra time to advise me about restaurant options in the area. (I had lots of questions!) Got to the room and discovered I had forgotten a toothbrush. I called at midnight to ask for one, and a very polite gentleman knocked on the door with a toothbrush almost as quickly as I could hang up the phone. The room was comfortable and nicely furnished and laid out. There was some audible sound from the distant elevated train tracks, but it wasn't too loud, and after 10 minutes in the room, I stopped noticing it. I enjoyed my stay and would not have minded if it would have been longer. Everyone from my company stays at this hotel when in Chicago on business, and I can see why. I will certainly stay there again next time.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thanks for the great review. It is always nice to hear positive feedback about our staff and our rooms. So nice to hear that your company uses us. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Perfect hotel for the price. In a great location in the loop and near the red line. Also great for the book of mormon theatre. The hotel staff was friendly and the check in was quick. The rooms were spacious for downtown Chicago and they were clean and updated. Also had a great free breakfast for the groupon deal and free wifi.

Date of stay: January 2013

Thank you for your review and for purchasing our groupon offer.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is on Wabash and the EL is right outside the entry. The folks at the front desk and the bell desk were great. When you are in a place you don't know you need information and the Silversmith folks were excellent. We went to Wrigleyville on the Red Line (just around the corner) per their instructions and it was no problem at all. They were very helpful in finding places to eat and not just the hotel dining room. Plus fantastic in getting us taxicabs. We were here on a weekend visit from Omaha so are unfamiliar with the town but the hotel folks were just excellent. Really friendly and helpful. I thought the EL would be noisy but it was more like a sound far off in the distance and had no effect at all. The rooms were BIG. Really large with perfect king beds and excellent heat (we were there at the beginning of Dec). A powerful shower with HOT water. GREAT! One caveat - parking is expensive and when they tell you to call 20 minutes in advance for your car they are telling the truth.

Room tip: Plenty of room in the standard room. Great closet space. Nice flat screen tele to check the weather.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review. It is nice to hear that our staff was helpful and we were able to get you to Wrigleyville on the red line with such ease.
We hope to see you back again later this year.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Hotel is exactly what is needed for a trip to Chicago, where 80% of your time is spent outside of the hotel.

Good
Great location to all important areas and buildings in the city
Easy access to the subway ....took it from the airport and used it to get around the city;
Room has all the amenities needed for stay. TV and free internet ....
Around the corner access to CVS etc for water and snacks;

Con:
Lobby check in requires you to take the elevator up to the second floor from the street ....little odd until you get used to it.

Overall:
Will stay here again.

Room tip: I booked with Expedia...which means interior view...but I am outside all day...
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I wanted to make a last minute stay in downtown Chicago for the holidays, and made a reservation at Silversmith Hotel and Suites through Priceline.com and we loved our stay!! I have stayed many places in the city..and I never knew about this hotel because it's a touch off the beaten track, but still in a great location. Our room was so cozy, large, very clean, huge bathroom, comfy bed, nice flat screen tv...we will definitely be back!! Definitely ask for an upgraded suite so you have the extra room.

Room tip: Book a suite so you have a larger space!!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janabelle3
Michael V, General Manager at Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review. So glad to hear that you'll be back.
Thank you for giving us a try. Best wishes for the New Year!