This hotel is on Wabash and the EL is right outside the entry. The folks at the front desk and the bell desk were great. When you are in a place you don't know you need information and the Silversmith folks were excellent. We went to Wrigleyville on the Red Line (just around the corner) per their instructions and it was no problem at all. They were very helpful in finding places to eat and not just the hotel dining room. Plus fantastic in getting us taxicabs. We were here on a weekend visit from Omaha so are unfamiliar with the town but the hotel folks were just excellent. Really friendly and helpful. I thought the EL would be noisy but it was more like a sound far off in the distance and had no effect at all. The rooms were BIG. Really large with perfect king beds and excellent heat (we were there at the beginning of Dec). A powerful shower with HOT water. GREAT! One caveat - parking is expensive and when they tell you to call 20 minutes in advance for your car they are telling the truth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy exceptional service, a warm and elegant setting with an unparalleled location in downtown Chicago. The Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown is a a rare gem, that is encased in classical architecture and sparkling with a new choice of luxury through contemporary spacious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Silversmith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago
- The Silversmith Hotel And Suites
- Silversmith Hotel Chicago