Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$659
$1,049
$525
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
$540
$519
  • Restaurant
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
$254
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Room Service
$718
Cancelon
2,215 results
All reviewsthe loopmillennium parkart institutegreat locationelevated traintrain noisel trainlarge bathroomwithin walking distancebrick wallthe beanblue linelight sleeperbeautiful hotelfront desk staffpublic transportationtwo blocks
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the Silversmith whilst visiting Chicago for a Conference. The room was beautiful, perfect downtown location and the staff were outstanding. They even printed off my boarding pass for my return flight home.

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Michael V, General Manager at Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thanks for the wonderful review. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.
We appreciate your business and are happy you made it back home "across the pond" safely.
Happy holidays.

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We booked the hotel for the night before Thanksgiving. It is a short walk from State Street and Daley plaza. The rooms were very clean, spacious and the beds were super comfy. Bathroom is large and clean. Only negative, if you are a soft sleeper and not used to "city" noise, the train will probably be very noticeable. But we are heavy sleepers, and didn't bother us a bit! Parking is a bit pricey, at $50, but that's part of the deal with staying downtown. Just be prepared for the extra charge. Great find and we will be back next year :)

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for the great review. It is great to come down and experience the city just before the holidays. We do hope that you'll come back again next year.
We appreciate your business and wish you all the best for the the holidays.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed here instead of the nearby Palmer House Hilton where a conference I attended was held due to the reviews on Tripadvisor for the two hotels. I'm very glad I did, not only was the Silversmith an excellent location (as a female travelling on my own I wanted to be sure I could safely walk to the conference venue at night) but it was also a better hotel and far cheaper than the Palmer House.

I had a 9th floor delkuxe queen room facing the street and the first night I heard the 'El' train a lot, but then I was jetlagged too and I soon got used to it.

The door staff were excellent, very friendly. When I tipped him for taking my bag on arrival he still offered to go and get me some citrus infused water and brought it back to me while I was checking in, a thoroughly pleasant member of staff. All desk staff I spoke to were very friendly too and helpful, marking key places on a tourist map for me.

The room was large with a very comfortable bed, large desk and good bathroom. The free wifi access was very useful and the connection very reliable, I had no problems Skyping my family back home. It was only 2 minutes walk from the conference venue, one block from millenium park and cloud-gate and within walking distance of everything that I wanted to see. In contrast, my colleagues' opinion of the Palmer House Hilton was very negative, with charges for internet and everything else, over-priced restaurants and bars and rude check-in staff. They found it very noisy and had no end of problems.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting Chicago.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter but darker. Higher floors will avoid some of the noise from the trains.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you chose our hotel and really appreciate your business.
We hope to see you for another conference and wish you all the best this holiday season.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Went for a conference and this place was not only close to the conference, but also about $100 less a night. Very nice place in a great location. The staff was great and the doormen were very helpful (especially the daytime one). Overall, great experience and I would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you stayed with us during your conference. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again. Best wishes this holiday season.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband, grown-up daughter and I stayed four nights at the Silversmith while he attended an academic conference. We had a delightful experience. Pros: attentive and friendly staff who like their jobs, large, deep tub, large bathroom, good internet in the room, very convenient to shopping and the art museum, large tv, non-smoking, speedy elevators, good deli restaurant with reasonable prices on the ground floor. Suggestions for improvement: When we arrived we were told the restaurant was open until 10 pm. We went down at 8:30 to have dinner only to discover the restaurant is not open--only the bar is. You can get food there, but there is very loud music playing, people shouting to be heard and only very tall stools to sit on. There is no overhead light in the room, and though there are several lamps, the bulb wattage could be higher. We had reserved a king suite. We were upgraded to an executive king suite for no additional charge on arrival. This meant the tub had jacuzzi jets. However, when you reserve a suite you expect there to be two separate areas. This executive suite was one large room with the king bed and pullout sofa next to it, a long hall to the bathroom and a very large bathroom. There were both a shower and a tub, however the towels and towel rack were placed over the toilet at some distance away from the shower. There was a half wall separating the toilet fromt he sink, but there was no towel rack near the sink, so you dripped water on the floor while getting to the towel rack. Also, when we arrived the sofa bed was not made up. We called downstairs and a man with a jacket marked "Security" got the bedding out of the closet and kind of made the bed. He informed us the sofa bed was not made up so we could be sure the sheets were clean! That got us laughing after he left. The fitness center did not have any stationery bikes.
We had a nice stay and would certainly recommend this hotel to others. Just be aware that a suite is just a larger room. We did here the el running, but it didn't disturb us. It might disturb others.

Room Tip: Ask to be at the back of the hotel away from the el.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your positive feedback as well as your suggestions for improvement. We are delighted that you and your family chose to stay with us during the conference.
We appreciate your ideas on some ways that we can improve. We will certainly see how we can make things better for our guests.
Thanks again and happy holidays!