“Nice hotel, great location”

Warwick Allerton-Chicago
Ranked #104 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Battle Creek
“Nice hotel, great location”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here July 3 and 4 for a quick getaway. I got a good rate on Hotwire. We had a queen room looking out over Michigan Avenue (room 1904). We couldn't see the street but could see the sidewalk on the other side and a little bit of Huron Avenue. The hotel has a great location. Our room was a decent size, however the bathroom was very small. There was a narrow shelf to put things on in the bathroom. The main drawback was the lack of a dresser. The two nightstands each had two small drawers that worked for a short stay, but it could be an issue for a longer one. There was an empty spot next to the door that could provide space for a dresser. We did not use anything in the snack or beverage bar in the room. We did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel either so I can't comment on that. Everyone on the staff we encountered was very nice and helpful. I went to the lobby to check e-mail since you have to pay for in room internet. My husband used a bike in the exercise room that had several machines. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mininutrsp
GM-Warwick-Allerton, General Manager at Warwick Allerton-Chicago, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Mininutrsp,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago.

We look forward to sharing our hospitality again soon.

Warwick Allerton Hotel Chicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Belton, Missouri
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We checked into this hotel July 3rd and checked out on the 6th. The purpose of our visit was to attend a concert at the Northerly Island.
I booked this hotel on Jetsetter months before, the location was perfect for our stay and we got a good price. We paid $150 per night, and it was well worth it, our room was 1809 the room had a king size bed, it was small, but it was clean. There are ice machines on each floor, I traveled with a small cooler, there is a Walgreen right down the street, which was perfect to stock up on snacks and drinks.
The elevators are small but this is an old hotel and you send no time in the room so it isn't and isssue. The bed was comfy, clean, and room service did a good job. The staff was courteous and very helpful. We did not eat or drink at the hotel. I would not hesitate to stay there again or recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mollycfries
Mollycfries,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed both your visit to Chicago as well as with the Warwick Allerton.

All the best,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The Allerton is a vintage Chicago hotel in the river north area of bustling Michigan Ave. Recently acquired by another hotel group, it's now the Warwick Allerton which is helpful to know when giving taxi drivers directions. The hotel is well maintained for it's age and decor. The location is excellent. The service was outstanding especially the manager who was very generous when attending to our needs. The rooms were a decent size, a little oddly laid out. There is a hospital nearby so you will hear ambulances from time to time.

Room Tip: Higher floors and floors away from the hospital side are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmericanAbroad17
AmericanAbroad17,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to your return.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This hotel worked out well for me because of the location. We flew into Midway and took the train into the city. There is a lot to do and see within walking distance. The Navy Pier is about a $6 cab ride away. The lobby is located on the 2nd floor. There is a restaurant and bar also in the 2nd floor. There is a gym although I saw no parts of it, I refuse to workout on vacation! The Concierge was very charming as he should be. The hotel is older but clean. The rooms are small and comfortable. We did not spend much time in the room anyway. Our flight was a few hours after check out so we were able to leave our bags with the hotel and explore the city a little more. There was no view in my room but who stays in a hotel to stare out of the window all day? I enjoyed my stay here and would recommended Warwick Allerton to friends and family.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not directly across from the elevators. The hallway is very narrow so I can...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
TH90210,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We hope to see you again when you visit Chicago.

Warm Regards,

Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed July 5, 2014

After reading several of the recent reviews, I was a little worried about the pre-paid stay I had booked a the Allerton. I knew the location would be great for the 4th of July (I'm from the suburbs) but I was traveling with my husband who travels extensively (he's very difficult to please) and my 3 children ages 3-14. We did have to pay an extra $25 to get 2 double beds which I wasn't thrilled about but apparently the standard room is a Full bed?! But it was apparently an upgrade to an Executive room. We got to the hotel early at 12:30 (check-in is at 4pm) and I assumed we would need them to hold our bags for a few hours but shockingly they had the room ready and we were able to do an early check-in. The room was updated, clean and roomy. Mind you this is an OLD hotel, not a new building so you need to remember that the rooms sizes, hallways, elevators, pretty much everything is smaller. That is normal for an old building. That aside, the linens and room were great. The location is perfectly situated in the middle of the Mag Mile near all the best shopping and restaurants and a short walk to Oak St Beach. The hotel staff was very accommodating. I ordered a blanket from housekeeping at 10:30pm on the 4th of July and it arrived in my room in under 10 mins. That is pretty much amazing considering patrons were filling the lobby and all it's elevators coming back from the fireworks. The only issue we had were some loud guests celebrating the 4th in a room next to ours but I heard hotel security go to the room and I never heard another peep. Even the door man went the extra mile to get us a voucher from another nearby hotel to save us the hassle of standing in line at a local restaurant. Definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Lovenlife77
Lovenlife77,

Thank you for your review.

We are thrilled you enjoy your stay and visit to Chicago and hope to see you again soon.

Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed July 1, 2014

At every angle someone is there to help you and be courteous and professional. True it has not pool but honestly did I really come to Chicago to swim indoors? There is so many walking opportunities and places to tuck into for food and shopping as well. I found a super spa called Renew Spa at 980 N Michigan. Loretta was an outstanding masseuse. Back at the hotel, Stephan was friendly and many staffers offer good tips for Chicago, such as getting breakfast just a few blocks east and south from Allerton at the West Egg.~ The porters and waiters were quick and friendly. We'll stop at the Allerton again on the next trip.

Room Tip: Just pay ahead online or call for specials. Advance pay is always cheaper.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank djo_mag
GM-Warwick-Allerton, General Manager at Warwick Allerton-Chicago, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
djo_mag,

Wonderful to hear you enjoyed to visit to Chicago and our hotel. I will share your feedback to our team.

We look forward to future return.

Warm Regards,

Warwick Allerton Hotel
Harrisburg, Illinois
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Three friends and I enjoyed a weekend stay at the Allerton this past June. While not overly impressed with views, room size or complimentary amenities, we did have a great stay thanks to a wonderful location and a charming staff. We loved being just a short taxi ride from Union Station and took great advantage to our easy walking distance to shopping and dining. The staff treated us graciously making us feel like honored guests. Every service we requested was performed as if it were a personal pleasure rather than a duty. Being an older, smaller downtown hotel, the Allerton can not offer some of the flashier amenities of the newer places but it delivers on history, ambience and charm.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Betty,

It was a pleasure to have you and your friends as our guests. We agree our location is incredible and yes, our historic landmark hotel offers many experiences others cannot.

Thank you for your time.