“Perfect location!”

Warwick Allerton-Chicago
Ranked #104 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Centrally located and near everything you need! Gino's East pizza and Wallgreens is one block away, shops on the mile are 5 steps away, and taxis are always at your doorstep.
My only complaint (and it's not even a real complaint) is that all the double rooms are on the west side of the building are quite small. We were hardly in our room, so it didn't matter too much, but for someone who needs space to lay out their stuff or get ready with more than one person in the room... It's tight.
Overall great experience. Would stay again!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
GM-Warwick-Allerton, General Manager at Warwick Allerton-Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Italarmo,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. Yes, Gino's East is a treasure and our location is accessible to so many exciting areas of the city.

As our hotel is a landmark in Chicago, we have many uniquely designed and sized rooms. We hope that you will experience some of them the next time you are in town.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Saw some good reviews so I booked this Magnificent Mile Hotel in the heart of the shopping district for a vacation with my parents. Let me start by saying that the location is great. It seems to be right in between Wrigley Field and US Cellular Field, so if you're a fan of baseball (I am) and shopping (my wife) the location couldn't be better. You're only a few blocks from the Hancock Center and many of Chicago's other famous skyscrapers as well as from the Chicago River where they have boat tours, etc.

The hotel is clean, the bar was well stocked ad I loved the older look of the place. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike D

Mike D,

It is wonderful to hear you were able to enjoy all that Chicago has to offer.

We agree that our location and unique charm of being a Chicago Landmark makes us a perfect location!

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I got here by mistake. Another hotel canceled me out and this was the option I got. Having said that, the staff was friendly, the hotel location great and the room comfortable enough. Pillows are lumpy and the bed too hard for me, but no big concerns. Location is the best part of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

michigantraveler05,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We agree that our location is best in the city.

As we speak, all new mattresses and linens have been ordered for the hotel. We hope when you return to Chicago you will personally experience them!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We travel to Chicago two or three times a year for concerts and plays and generally just stay at whichever hotel seems to have the best value. This was our first time staying at the Allerton and we had a great experience all around. The staff was very nice and helpful - they upgraded us to a suite without even asking!

Our room had a great view and was spacious, clean and comfortable. The location of this hotel can't be beat. We were within walking distance of most of the things we wanted to do and see. And because of its central location, it's easy to stop back at the hotel midday.

The valet parking was also very convenient. We never waited more than 5 minutes for our car, which is really saying something since our last hotel had wait times closer to 45 minutes.

I only had one issue with our room: Noise. Our room (2404) was right behind an elevator bank and the noise from the elevators (which was a banging noise) was almost constant. I think a room away from the elevators would've eliminated this issue. We mentioned this at check out and they said they would've been happy to move us to another room-- but we loved our room so much we probably wouldn't have wanted to move. And certainly the noise quieted down after midnight when elevator traffic was lighter. Our room was also above one of the ballrooms hosting a wedding saturday night, which lead to a little bit of noise bleed. But we just turned up the tv. The wedding was quiet by midnight as well.

I highly recommend the Warwick Allerton. The hotel is lovely and so is the staff.

Room Tip: Get a suite if you're looking for a spacious stay, but request one away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Lisa G,

Thank you for your review and it was our pleasure to host you as our guest.

We look forward to your return,

All the best,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

The best location in the city for a panoramic view of the city from the 23rd floor. Staff excellent, food delicious, location wonderful. Catering manager the best! Shoutout to Beau! We thank you so very much for all that you did for us. Our, international, out of town, and local guests experienced Chicago hospitality, at its finest, by the entire Allerton staff.

Room Tip: We had a corner suite higher floor. Wonderful
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Judy,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

I agree that Beau, along with our landmark view of Chicago are spectacular!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed at the Warwick in Chicago during Memorial Day weekend with my boyfriend. The rooms are on the small side but you are in Chicago no need to spend a lot of time in the hotel room. The location of the hotel is great, everything is in walking distance. The only thing that really put me off and the main reason I will not return to this hotel is that the front desk profiled me when I checked in; they immediately put a $200 pending charge on my credit card but did not say anything to me about the pending charge. I found out a day later while checking my banking and they said it was a damage deposit. Really? Yes I am young but I am also highly educated and have a professional career, I do not remember giving off the rowdy, let’s get wild persona while giving you my name and card at check in. Next time give the person you are profiling a heads up on what charges you are already putting on their card before they even step foot in the room.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rose I
GM-Warwick-Allerton, General Manager at Warwick Allerton-Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Rose I,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I apologize for the misunderstanding with our team.

The charge you are speaking of is not a damage deposit, but rather a deposit hold for possible incidental charges to your room during your stay. It is very customary with hotel's to put a hold on a credit card and/or debit card. Upon departure and inspection of rooms, the hold is released.

We hope that you otherwise enjoyed your visit to Chicago and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Hubby and I fly in for the Bears game annually... We stayed here for the sheer reason of being in the heart of Chicago to see the sites as well. We were never disappointed... Multiple trips later and several other hotels, this one, by far, has been the best. The restaurant in the lobby is very grand , with not so grand prices... The same area in the evening is quaint, and very tourist friendly... A wonderful experience every time. The rooms are quite small, but affordable... Besides the room is only to lay your head for rest, and the beds are comfy,cozy... I plan on coming back every year! Da Bears!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank masfinar

Masfinar.,

Thank you for your comments as I will share them with the team.

We look forward to your return this fall!

GO BEARS!!