“Excellent service, convenient location.”

Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown
Ranked #127 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This isn't the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed in, but one of the best for customer service. They know how to treat their guests! I was a little worried since we got such a bargain rate through Priceline, but we had a clean, comfortable and quiet room which is all we really needed since we spent most of the day and evening out in the city. We did use the pool once and found the pool and pool area clean and stocked with clean towels. It is a short walk from the CTA and Union Station, and in 10 minutes you are in the downtown area. The hotel is only 3 blocks away from a Whole Foods Market which is convenient, too. I can't say enough about the staff and how friendly and helpful they are. I was greeted by every employee I came in contact with during our stay. The room could use a little fresh paint and newer curtains, but it certainly didn't ruin our stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 2, 2010

The staff is amazing, helpful and courteous. The close proximity to the CTA was a bonus. Great food in both restaraunts. The rooms are clean, confortable and well-kept. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

Not a bad hotel for the price. Close to Union Station but not near any attractions or shopping areas...however the Clinton stop on the Blue Line is nearby (a two minute walk) and from there it's just a few minutes to the Mag Mile, bus tours, and other dreadful tourist faves. Aurelio's is the restaurant right downstairs - they make a great chicken sandwich but it's WAY overpriced (more than $12 for a sandwich and soda; I live in NYC so trust me, I know overpriced).

The room was a decent size and the bed was big and comfortable. Pretty clean though the bathroom could have used some work. I usually travel in the mornings and try to get early check-in at most places I stay; maybe it was bad timing on my part but it wasn't available here (though to be fair, I arrived on a Friday and was told that every hotel in the city was sold out). The front desk staff was very helpful however, and whenever I needed a cab they were on it right away and I had one within minutes. Internet access was included. Parking available but not sure if it's included (they also have a valet service). If you're on a higher floor be prepared to wait for an elevator...they're very slow and were usually full by the time they got to me.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay. Nothing majorly wrong yet nothing super awesome about the place either. Could use some updating, and yeah, the location isn't GREAT but it really isn't difficult to get to where you need to be.

Reviewed July 26, 2010

Spent a very long day on the train, I was delayed at making my connection. Didn't get in until almost midnight and I was checked in and in my room in less than 15minutes. Room was nice and cold and the bed was clean, crisp and very comfy! One there for one night didn't get to experiance any of the other amenities but my stay was excellent1 I will be staying here again, just a short walk from the train station and the location for enjoying all Chicago has to offer was perfect. Thanks from a weary traveler!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I was displeased with this hotel for the money that I spent. The travel agent lied and said that everything was in walking distance this was not true at all.The staff was nice.The restaurant was too expensive 11.00 bucks for a breakfast buffet.Gimme a break.The rooms were in neede of updating.There were visible cracks in the walls and the drapes appeared old and dusty.I had a regular room and there was no microwave or fridge.I did enjoy the roof top pool that in my three day stay i didnt see anyone maintain.All in all this was not worth my money.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2010

goog place that near downtown, convient trafic and high quality service while a little bit noisy as near road.
recommend buffet breakfast

Reviewed July 19, 2010

I certainly expected at larger, nicer room for the $287/night I paid. The bathroom was so small, I had to back up to the sink to close the door. (I weight 110 lbs) There was nothing special about room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends