“Staff was excellent”

Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown
Ranked #124 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Staff was excellent. Rooms were clean and comfortable.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

I've only had two mediocre experiences with Holiday Inn and this was one of them. The web painted a much better picture of the Hotel location and condition that what I actually received. I think this is a consistant experiance that I've had with each stay in larger metropolitain areas. I would not recommend this hotel location to anyone in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

We found the staff to be very accomodating, the rooms clean and comfortable and the bed very comfortable after a long day of baseball games and shopping.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2010

My flight arrived early so I headed to the hotel to drop my bags. I asked if I could check in and was told there were no rooms available just yet , it was 12:30 pm. I asked if they could hold my bags and that I would back later in the evening to go to my room. I was assured there would be no problem. I arrived back at the hotel at 9:30 to find they had no record of me in the system that I was not registered despite a confirmation # and they did have my bags. I told them about trying to check in earlier when they finally figured out the earlier desk manager had accidentally deleted my reservation. It took me another 30 minutes while they figured out what to do as there were no rooms. Finally got to my room that was near the ice machine and across from the elevator needless to say no sleep. The room was average, the bathroom needed a good cleaning and a cab ride was required to go anywhere. Not the nicest area but walking distance to the Sears Tower and a Starbucks.
Good Luck on a Speedy, Seamless Check -in

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Missbhavn
Reviewed June 7, 2010

There were bugs in the bathroom and on the desk. Other then bugs, the room was OK, bed was comfortable. Fitness center was in good condition as was the business center. The staff were excellent. Friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and welcoming. Parking was expensive. Valets were pleasant.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

Great place to stay, right near the Blue line Subway station so it's easy to get to any place from the hotel. Out standing service the bellmen were most helpfull

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2010

the girl at the desk was awesome very helpful with directions any questions we had the room and pool was very nice the door boy got us a cab he had them there quick while taking care meny guest i stay in meny hotels and this one is one of the best in all areas 2 thumbs up to holiday inn in chicago