“Very good service but needs updating for a business center for the price.”

Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown
Ranked #117 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Canton, Ohio
“Very good service but needs updating for a business center for the price.”
Reviewed June 1, 2010

The service at checkin and check out was very prompt and efficient as was the paking valet bringing my car. Could use a business center with computers & printers. Location was ok but didn't feel safe in walking past the boarded up buildings when returning from drop off point from I.R.A.Convention. Felt the pricing was a little high considering location and lack of some services.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 1, 2010

The location was ideal for my business meetings and the staff was friendly.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Right next to the Sears (Willis) Tower and we walked right to it along with great restaurants nearby as well. Our concierge was very nice and told us of all the hot spots of interest.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Berlin, MD
Reviewed May 6, 2010

This Holiday Inn is nothing special. At the cost of a luxury room the hotel's ambiance is akin to the below average inerstate highway hotel you can pick up for $59.00 . The pizza shop is decent but avoid the hotels lackluster "breakfast" buffet. I would reccomend looking for other occomodations!

1 Thank kittybythec60
chicago
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We checked in on Friday night and valet parked at the hotel. The next day when we were checking out, the front desk lost our car keys. The young front desk agent was very nice and nervous b/c they could not find them. About 35 minutes later, I asked to speak with a manger. You would think a manger would have come to me first without asking considering they lost my keys. The manager was no help and they called for the food and beverage manager. He was very helpful and tried to locate my keys. After a few hours of them looking, we called the Chicago Police to file a report that our keys have been stolen or lost in case my car came up stolen. Since the last person that had my keys was a hotel employee, they also had access to my address. If my car came up missing I needed proof my keys were stolen. Luckily we had a spare set of keys and were able to make it home. Several hours after returning home the food and beverage manager called and they found my keys. He was kind enough to personally drive them to me the next day. Today (two days after checking out) I called to talk to the GM of the hotel and let him know that the food & beverage manager was a big help and that I was upset about them losing my keys but more upset I had to ask for a manager. The GM never returned my call. Basically, the hotel mangers are not hands on and did not take the time to talk to me regarding them losing my keys. I would have thought the front desk manager would have spoke to me before I had to ask for a manger and that the GM would have returned my call. I commend the food & beverage manager for taking over the situation ... a situation that the front desk manager should have handled. I do not recommend staying at this hotel b/c hotel management does not care enough to assist in house guests or return calls. The hotel Loosing my keys was a very stressful situation and I do not appreciate the way this hotel management handled it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank jkm1056
Grayslake, Illinois
Reviewed April 7, 2010

My sisters and I came to Chicago to stay the night because we were going to go to The Oprah Winfrey Show early the next morning. We checked in at 7:00pm and at 8:30pm my sister noticed a bed bug in her bed!!!! Oh my goodness. We all freaked out. Before we called down to the front desk, we wanted to make sure that it was a bed bug so we looked up a picture/information on my laptop and sure enough it was a bed bug. I called down to the front desk and they apologized for the inconvenience and moved us to a different room. After we moved to another room, my sister was still so grossed out from the previous room she could barely sleep. We were all gonna shower the night before and the shower was disgusting. It was so dirty that we couldn't even shower. The toilet ran the entire night and wouldn't turn off. We woke up at 5:15am to get ready to leave the hotel by 6:00am. My sister went to the bathroom and as soon she flushed the water decided to go EVERYWHERE! the water was leaking from underneath the toilet so fast that the whole bathroom floor was soaked with water within a few minutes. I had to call down to the front desk 3 times for someone to come up and try to stop the water. We had to try and get all of our stuff out of there and by the time someone finally came to the room(which was a security guard), the water was already going out of the bathroom and soaking through the carpet. The staff just acted very nonchalant through the whole thing. We were trying to rush around the hotel to get ready with one little mirror since we couldn't get in the bathroom. We were late to Oprah and just made it to the studio in time. It was beyond a terrible stay. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank grammie18
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Traveling on Amtrack to FL my train was 6 hrs late so they put up all the passenger that had a connection to DC

Stayed June 2007, traveled solo