“Nice stay”

Ranked #117 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Kirkland, Washington
“Nice stay”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Very close to the Amtrak Station. Which is important to us, since we are travelling on the train. The room is a bit small, but worked well for us. We had an ADA room, which is great for my father, who is mobility challenged. His scooter does fit in the room, but makes the space tight. However, the bathrooms are huge. Plenty of space, and nice hand rails, and sitting area for the shower. Very friendly and helpful staff. Overall, a very nice stay. The only thing that did not work well for us was that the only dryer in the self service laundry was broken.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Joe R,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay at our Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. I am very appreciative of your great words and for also letting us know about the dryer issue. I have assigned our maintenance team to look into the matter.

Thank you again and looking forward to your return stay.

Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Washington DC
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here on a recent business trip. Location was very good (10 min walk to Willis Tower) but in an industrial area of town. The property was probably very nice back in the 1980's or earlier but it really doesn't appear to have had anything new added. I am a platinum IHG member and stay in their propertys over 90 days a year. Many of their hotels are receiving remodels but this is one that has not and certainly should be. I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite and while the room size was nice it was, simply put, old.

Check in: No problems other than a minor wait since only one person was at the desk. Thank goodness there was only one person in front of me.

Room: Old furnishings but no smell. The one thing I noticed was that the coffee maker was a 4 cup maker but the coffee provided was the single cup, plastic tray variety so it didn't work. Bathroom had mold in the bathtub grout but was clean other than that. Towels were thin. There was a lot of road noise coming through the windows and the AC units were noisier than most.

Location: Good to downtown but in an industrial area that actually made me a bit uncomfortable walking at night. I had to step over homeless people's sleeping goods when walking under the bridge.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear AirTrafficMan,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us and thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Platinum Elite Member. I can completely understand how you must have felt what you have shared with us. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience in all areas. As a valued traveler who travels week after week, I appreciate your candid feedback and have immediately addressed all concerns with my team.

Thank you for allowing my team the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Nitin
Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is a hidden gem. It is quietly tucked between a couple other buildings but it is worth staying there. The place is so clean, the rooms are very nicely sized, I had a king executive and it was two rooms that were bigger than my first apartment. The staff were all really great and very accommodating. I was served by Tommie, Julio and Alina. I can't say enough good things about how friendly and professional these three were.

The daily valet rate is $40 which is pretty typical, but right next door is also a self park lot for $20.
The property is located only two blocks from the Willis Tower and also close to Mc Cormick if you are in town like I was for a show. I left my car at the hotel and it was only a $9.00 cab ride to the venue.

The close proximity to 290 is also a plus. I wasn't bothered by the noise of the traffic, I expect that in a city. I do however like that it is easy on and easy off the expressway.

Breakfast in the hotel rest. was very fast and very good each of the days I was there.

I will stay again.

Room Tip: my room was on the second floor right next to the elevator and I can't say that I was bothered b...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank malaka_171
Dear malaka_171,

On behalf of my team, thank you for posting a great review about your stay at our Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. My staff expresses their gratitude for being recognized for the services they provided you during your stay. I am happy to know you were able to travel to the McCormick Place and Willis Tower without any transportation inconveniences.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Grand Traverse County, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about this place. The front desk staff was excellent, the room was excellent, the manager was excellent... We arrived at 10a and they had a room ready for us, we were offered a late check out if we needed, they pleasantly answered our tourist questions and gave us honest answers. We WILL be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Yachtsman1304,

Thank you for an awesome review about your stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. It is nice to know that the staff takes great care of our guests even when I'm not around. I have shared your gift of satisfaction with my team as it lets them know how they are doing.

Thank you again for a great review and look forward to your return stay with us.

Best Regards,

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown
Mount Vernon, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Hotel was great with friendly and helpful staff... Restaurant/Bar attached service sucked... Waited 20 minutes to get order taken. Watch 3 tables with single girls come in after us get prompt service. Had to flag down a waiter ... Music is loud rap music that the waiters walk around singing out loud. I'll stay in hotel again but never go to Sonnys again!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank firefighter20emt
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear firefighter20emt,

Thank you for leaving a review about your experience and please accept my sincere apologies. Our team work very diligently to gain customer loyalty and I'm not sure what happened on this occasion. We have scheduled training with our restaurant staff to ensure repeat behavior of this nature does not happen again. Also, I have passed along your great comments to the hotel staff about the service they provided.

Thank you again for your feedback and hope to have another opportunity to have you as our guest in the near future.

Holiday Inn Chicago
London, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The pub and restaurants downstairs were excellent, so was the staff. Business Centre upstairs was useful. Very close to downtown clients! There is a workout area - and a pool. Didn't have time this trip to use them, but I would have. The rooms were great (two of us had two different rooms) but the wireless (important to us) was not very good. Pool wasn't open during my stay. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear M J,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review about your previous stay. I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay despite pool closure and wireless issues. Wireless testing have been started upon receiving your review and apologize that the pool was not opened.

Please accept our apologies again and thank you for giving our hotel another opportunity in the near future for your lodging needs.

Warm Regards,

United States
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Really not a good choice for our long weekend. The first room smelled like smoke--like someone was lighting up in the next room. The very nice staff shifted me to a different room prior to my family arriving by separate car (to meet me at the end of a business trip). That room was marginally better but still smelled awful. The rooms were antiquated, stale, and smelly. The door to the room didn't close unless we stood there and pulled/pushed it closed. The location was quite out of the way and not sure I would call it truly downtown at all. Not sure what one could walk to if one really wanted to stroll in that neighborhood. Don't say I didn't warn you. Just find another location.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. That or take your smokes with you.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank blondetraveler508
Dear blondetraveler508,

Thank you for sharing a detailed review about your previous stay and please accept my sincere apologies. Our goal is to provide exemplary services along with amenities that exceed expectations and based on your feedback we failed on amenities. I would love to speak with you personally offline to gather more information as this is not the norm for our guest rooms and hope to have the opportunity to have you as our guest again in the near future.

PH: 312-957-9100