“Awesome employees”

Ranked #120 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Awesome employees”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were here because we had an interview at the U.S. Custom House, across the street for the Global Goes pass and this was why we originally picked this hotel at this location but when we return for any reason, we will definitely stay here.
The hotel itself was great, all of the amenities were very nice. Our room was a very good room but the people you have at that hotel are really outstanding. They were so friendly and welcoming, that they made you smile. I've stayed at quite a number of hotels as we travel extensively but these people were just outstanding. Talk about service oriented, they couldn't do enough for you. Your manager Mr. Knox, Your desk clerk, your valet, your waitress and manager in the bar/restaurant and your waitress in the breakfast restaurant were all just great. We will be happy to stay here anytime we are in Chicago. Thanks for making our short stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear Faïza R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. It is our goal to ensure that we not just meet but exceed your expectations and have shared your great comments with our staff.

Please know your business is valued and we hope that any of your future Chicago lodging needs include the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown.

Nitin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had problems on our reservation and to make front desk employee that received us to understand what "double bed" meant, but it was rapidly solved. Had also problems with the bathtub drain that was clogged, so the smell in the room went really bad, but Alina was very helpful in changing our room immediately without any dificulties (staff moved our bags during the day while we were out as per our request). Honest continental breakfast, reasonably close to the Loop and main streets, the best value you can get in expensive Chicago.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Felipe F
Dear Felipe F,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown while visiting the Chicagoland area and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your comments and will share with our staff as it helps motivate us and make us go that extra mile when we know it makes our guest day!

In reference to the tub drain, please accept our sincere apologies as we are working diligently to prevent future occurrences of this nature.

Again, thank you and looking forward to your next visit.

Montpellier, France
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed at the Holiday inn for 3 nights. The bed was comfy and the staff couldn't have been more nice and helpful ! It's well located (just near by Union Station) and if you're a good walker, everything is in a walking distance. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
HIHS-Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Faïza R,

Thank you for posting a 5 star rating about your stay at our Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. I am happy to know your comfort on all levels was met. I also hope you were able to visit the Willis Tower Ledge and the John Hancock 360 Tilt both has amazing views of the Chicago. If you were unable, let my staff assist you with planning your day the next time you stay with us.

Burbs of Chicago
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I have stayed at this Holiday in 3 times in the last 3 years because it is close to the UIC Natatorium. This time I used a groupon and the price made me choose it again over other hotels in the river north area. This Holiday Inn is located in a busy and noisy part of town. My room on the second floor facing east was at street level and noisy. I had to have engineers in my room 2 times to fix the heat and the refrigerator which froze all my food. I had to ask for the fridge because it is not standard in these rooms. No Microwaves either. The rooms are small and the bathroom is even smaller. The parking is an issue no matter where you go in the city. Be prepared to pay. You can pay $20 at an unattended lot next to the hotel or the $30/35 for valet service. I was told $30 at check in and was surprised to see $35 at check out. Alina took off the extra considering the problems I experienced during my stay. There are several very helpful staff here including Alina, Sean and the valet from Acapulco ( I can't remember his name). Sean was particularly helpful remembering my name and any issues arising with my stay.
There isn't a free breakfast here like the other HIE properties around the Midwest. Overall room was clean and bed was comfortable but I don't know if I would take a chance with this hotel again because of noise.

Room Tip: Try to get room on south side facing west for less noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank CS4travel
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear CS4travel,

Thank you for leaving a review about your stay at our Holiday Inn. We can completely understand how you feel with free breakfast not being offered at Holiday Inn but only at Holiday Inn Express. Our brand has continued to work on differentiating the two. Also, please accept our apologies for the noise, freezer issue, heat and parking fees. Despite the issues you experienced, we are happy to know Sean, Alina and our valet attendant were available to assist you during your stay.

Thank you once again and welcome your return in the near future when you are visiting UIC.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Management
East Central Indiana
Reviewed March 16, 2014

With the St. Patrick's Day Weekend coming up, I was not able to stay in my normal location, so I opted to try a different hotel with the Holiday Inn brand. I found the staff here to be very helpful and nice. I was running a little behind for business, but a little ahead for occupancy of the room. The front desk offered me a room to put my things in, and within 5 minutes had secured the second room that I needed. I was able to make my appointments, and all things were good. The hotel is clean and staff is very courteous. Everyone from the valet to the office staff was extremely friendly and helpful. This hotel is several blocks away from the core of Michigan Avenue, so taking a cab is a must. One thing I really liked about the hotel was the access to I-290, and the fact that it had on-site parking. I was able to put things in my car following my appointments, and that made things a little easier for me. Normally if you stay downtown, you have to wait or bother people to be able to get access to your vehicle. Not the case here.

As an alternative to being right down town, which I tend to prefer, this was a nice place to stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There were no noise issues, and the internet access was very good. I also enjoyed the fact that I was able to eat in a clean nice restaurant on-site for breakfast. I also found the price to be reasonable, and a hassle free stay.

Room Tip: The hotel has three elevators, so getting to a room is not a problem. There will be no wait. My ro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear WuSongLong,

We are very pleased to know you had given our Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown an opportunity to have you as our guest. We know you have many choices. It was an honor to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and that our staff in all areas provided exemplary service. Also, we are happy to know our location was accessible to I-290 and valet parking services were readily available.

Thank you once again for the opportunity and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Team
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Nice newly remodeled and very consistent hotel. Sean at the front desk is just great and always makes my stay even better. He always remembers what kind of room I like and tries to accommodate me. On site restaurant is good and has nice bar.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear mattp,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown and for recognizing one our team members. We have passed along your great comments to Sean for his great service. Most importantly, thank you for being one of our repeat guests.

Holiday Inn Chicago Management
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The location of this hotel is within walking distance of Union Station which is nice. The employees are nice and helpful. The room was clean and had a comfortable bed. The lack of a microwave and refrigerator was annoying, but that's the only bad thing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Bubsy_Malone,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are happy to know you enjoyed your clean room, our friendly staff and that you had easy access to the Amtrak Union Station. We hope the next time you visit Chicago, you are able to enjoy the additional amenities being added to our guestrooms.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Team