Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsunion stationblue linerooftop poolfront deskwillis towerchicago downtownconvenient locationvalet parkingwalking distanceaverage hotelthe hotel is cleanself parkthe loopchecking instreet noisethe entire staffstaff was very friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 16, 2014

With the St. Patrick's Day Weekend coming up, I was not able to stay in my normal location, so I opted to try a different hotel with the Holiday Inn brand. I found the staff here to be very helpful and nice. I was running a little behind for business, but a little ahead for occupancy of the room. The front desk offered me a room to put my things in, and within 5 minutes had secured the second room that I needed. I was able to make my appointments, and all things were good. The hotel is clean and staff is very courteous. Everyone from the valet to the office staff was extremely friendly and helpful. This hotel is several blocks away from the core of Michigan Avenue, so taking a cab is a must. One thing I really liked about the hotel was the access to I-290, and the fact that it had on-site parking. I was able to put things in my car following my appointments, and that made things a little easier for me. Normally if you stay downtown, you have to wait or bother people to be able to get access to your vehicle. Not the case here.

As an alternative to being right down town, which I tend to prefer, this was a nice place to stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There were no noise issues, and the internet access was very good. I also enjoyed the fact that I was able to eat in a clean nice restaurant on-site for breakfast. I also found the price to be reasonable, and a hassle free stay.

Room Tip: The hotel has three elevators, so getting to a room is not a problem. There will be no wait. My room was very nice and clean. I would think that all rooms would be equal. I did not see a side that would have a better view, or give you something other than good sleep quality.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear WuSongLong,

We are very pleased to know you had given our Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown an opportunity to have you as our guest. We know you have many choices. It was an honor to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and that our staff in all areas provided exemplary service. Also, we are happy to know our location was accessible to I-290 and valet parking services were readily available.

Thank you once again for the opportunity and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Team

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Nice newly remodeled and very consistent hotel. Sean at the front desk is just great and always makes my stay even better. He always remembers what kind of room I like and tries to accommodate me. On site restaurant is good and has nice bar.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear mattp,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown and for recognizing one our team members. We have passed along your great comments to Sean for his great service. Most importantly, thank you for being one of our repeat guests.

Holiday Inn Chicago Management

Reviewed February 24, 2014

The location of this hotel is within walking distance of Union Station which is nice. The employees are nice and helpful. The room was clean and had a comfortable bed. The lack of a microwave and refrigerator was annoying, but that's the only bad thing.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Bubsy_Malone,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are happy to know you enjoyed your clean room, our friendly staff and that you had easy access to the Amtrak Union Station. We hope the next time you visit Chicago, you are able to enjoy the additional amenities being added to our guestrooms.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Team

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed last night at this property and having no real experience with Holiday Inn previously, we were very impressed. The hotel was easily accessible off the I-290 and there were a couple of parking lots very near if you weren't partaking in the valet services. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful getting us checked in and upon reaching the room we were happy to find it was very clean. There is some street noise but you're in downtown Chicago, that's no one's fault. The bathroom could have been a tad larger but it was not unreasonable. Overall, for a downtown location and very comfortable, clean accommodations, this is a great choice.

Room Tip: Sunny's Cafe is attached to the hotel and was a pleasant dining experience for breakfast.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear LelaMG,

Thank you for leaving feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown. We are happy to know you were very impressed with the level of service and clean room accommodations received. It is our pleasure to invite you in your home away from home. Also, thank you for empathizing with Chicago noise and the bathroom size.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us and welcome your return when you are visiting the Chicagoland area.

Holiday Inn Hotel Management Staff

Reviewed February 10, 2014

It was the first time staying in downtown Chicago and the staff could not have been more helpful in giving suggestions and directions. The only down-side was that parking was an extra $35 and we were not aware of that until we got there. Other than that it was great!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denae A
HIHS-Manager, Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Denae A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown and for recognizing our staff. Please know we empathize with you regarding the unexpected parking fees by not being informed but are happy to know you had a great stay.

Thank you for sharing with us and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown Management