“Excellent hotel choice for parents with young children."”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #51 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed January 11, 2011

First let me start of by saying I would consider myself to be very picky when it comes to hotel accommodations. So, since I do not have anything negative to say about this hotel, that should speak volumes. I have a 3 year old and 9 month old and as everyone knows traveling can be a nightmare. Our room was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and most importantly the suite was equipped with everything we needed for a weekend stay. Having a separate room to place the pack and play was essential since our youngest child goes to bed well before the rest of us. I could hardly hear any noise in the room besides an occasional siren (That is expected). Our suite had cups, plates and utensils ready for our use. The location of the hotel was also ideal.....we went shopping and out to dinner with a minimal walking time. For kids try the Rainforest cafe (2 blocks away). For the price, I do not think we could have found a better hotel if I spent 3 days looking. Another excellent feature was the breakfast. We saved a bunch of money eating at the hotel and the food was very good with many options. Finally, the staff. From Abdul the doorman/valet, to the nice lady that checked us in (sorry forgot name), everyone was accommodating, friendly, and professional. We visit Chicago a few times every year and we will undoubtedly be staying here next time.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Innkeeper64, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us and for the kind comments. I love to see that families are taking advantage of our value and great location.

I hope we do have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2011

Arrived in Chicago during a blizzard and the staff were very welcoming indeed.
The suite was exceptionally clean and an excellent size. They will even stock the fridge for you if required. The views from the tenth floor were great and we enjoyed viewing the Hancock building lit up at night.
The breakfast buffet was great fun especially the waffle making - and delicious. Service at breakfast was very friendly - probablly the best we have experienced in the USA.
The free manager's evening buffet dinner on Monday-Thursday was a godsend to our aching feet after a day's sightseeing. The complimentary wine and beer was definitely drinkable.
Finally fab location for experiencing this wonderful city.
Our first choice when visiting the USA next time is to look at Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your review and your kind comments. It sounds like you made the most of your trip and I am happy to see you enjoyed your time in Chicago.

Please do think of us for future visits.

Reviewed January 6, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my family (including children aged 14 and 11) from 26 Dec 10 to 5 Jan 11. We booked largely based on Trip Advisor reviews and ratings and were certainly not disappointed.

The location of this Homeward Suites is ideal: one block from the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Avenue) and very close to good restaurants.

Included in your rate is an extensive breakfast buffet and dinner with alcohol (Mon-Thu). Although this was very busy over the holiday period, the service was excellent and great for people watching!

All staff were extremely polite and efficient and we would certainly stay here again if visiting Chicago.

2  Thank Newton_Tony

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us even during a very busy week. It looks like you made the most of our location too which is wonderful.

Thank you again.

Reviewed January 5, 2011

As much as I'd like to find something wrong with this hotel, I simply can not. The rooms were spacious for my wife, daughter, and I. Bed was comfortable and rooms were very clean.
Check-in went quickly and smoothly and lady was very helpful in helping me with where to go and what to do.
Valet service, though a tad expensive, was very professional and always greeted us with a smile. Everyone at the hotel made us feel very welcome.
I would definitely recommend this inexpensive hotel to anyone traveling into Chicago (River North area) for a short stay. Ranked #4 hotel in Chicago, and with good reason. The breakfast buffet hit the spot in the morning, and the Manager's reception each night also helped us save money.
Don't know what else I could add. I will try another hotel in the future just for the sake of staying somewhere else for comparison, but will definitely not rule out Homewood Suites either. Very happy with our stay. The hotel puts you right in the heart of the shopping district with everything you can think of within a short walk. Water Tower Place, Hancock Tower, Chicago Theater, Navy Pier, Harry Caray's, Ruth's Chris Steak House, Horse & Carriage rides, WGN, Trump Tower, Chicago River, etc. etc. etc.

2  Thank KankakeeCoSpeedway

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us and for the kind comments. It is great to see that guests are making the most of our value and location. I hope that you do consider us for future stays.

Thanks again.

Reviewed January 5, 2011

What a great location. The hotel could use a bit of updating, but the rooms are huge. The pool is great on the top floor with awesome views. We travel ALOT and are very picky and we really loved it here. The service was excellent. Everyone on staff was exceptionally nice. The breakfast and dinner were great. Only a couple small complaints...the pool had tons of sand on the bottom and the water looked cloudy. Also, our son got locked in the bathroom for a bit (old door), but maintenance came right away to help him get out and to replace the lock. Other than those items our stay was perfect and we will definately return if we are ever in Chicago again.

1  Thank ILoveVacation4

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay and for the kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and Chicago.

I would like to apologize for the condition of the pool. Several guests brought this to our attention. It turned out that a broken part in the filter allowed some filtration sand to escape. Not an unhealthy situation but certainly not pleasant. This has been repaired. I hope this did not detract too much from your stay.

Thank you again.

Reviewed January 4, 2011

My two daughters (ages 22 and 19) and I just returned from a 4 day visit in Chicago. We stayed at the Homewood Suites and the hotel was perfect. We got the park and stay rate ($194). We pulled up and the valet took our car and brought all our luggage to the room. There is no need to have a car in Chicago. The rooms were great-full kitchen (dishwasher, full frig, microwave, cooktop) and included glasses, dishes, and utencils. The breakfast and dinner menues were AMAZING-and free. I figured we saved at least $90/day on food! The meals were real meals, not just continental breakfast and heavy snacks. We were there the week between Christmas and New Years and it was VERY crowded, but the hotel dining room staff kept up with the food replenishment and the tables-and they did it all with smiles! The hotel is very clean and every staff member we encountered was very friendly. So many things we wanted to do were within walking distance, even in the cold weather. we loved it! Having free wifi in the room was a plus. We are planning a trip back in the spring and we will definitely stay at Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. And be sure to register for a Chicago Greeter if you are planning a visit to Chicago!

1  Thank jeannealpha
Innkeeper64, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay and for the kind comments. It is really nice to see that a family took advantage of our value and location over the holiday week.

Thank you again and I hope you do consider us for future visits to Chicago.

Reviewed January 2, 2011

Hotel is ok. The lobby is on the 6th floor. Service is spectacular. The building itself is not magnificent; the orange bed cover is tacky and feels weird on the body. Location is excellent. Restaurants (PF Chiangs and Joe seafood &Steakhouse) are a block away. Nordstrom and Bloomingdales are both conveniently located for your shopping urges. I would recommend this hotel to travellers with kids in tow and budget conscious people however if you have the dough to splurge, Marriott Hotel is just around the corner.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank DCgirl30

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I am sorry that the furnishings and decor weren't a little more to you liking. I appreciate your comment about our service. That really is how we try to set ourselves apart.

Thank you again and Happy New Year.