We were traveling with our teenage son so we try to look for suites when we can. We've had good luck with Homewood Suites as well as most Embassy suites. In this case the location was excellent and it was a little less then the Embassy Suites. Everything was like new and comfortable. The staff was nice. Like all downtown hotels it's still expensive but not more than anything else that's decent. The breakfast was good, though a little crowded. Again, if you are not used to it be ready to pay dearly for valet parking and help with your luggage. The only problem we had was that we got some poor advice about how long the wait would be at some of the nearby restaurants. It was the 4th of July weekend and the city was really crowded so maybe it was worse than it would normally be. Get restaurant reservatiions early when you can to be safe. From the hotel we walked to Millinium Park and the Art Institue to the south. Walked north up the magnificent mile to the Hancock building. Walked east to the Navy Pier. Good location.
Note: of all the things we did we enjoyed the architechural boat tour on the river the most.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points -receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. Check us out online for discounts and packages! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton
- Chicago Homewood Suites