“Will never stay anywhere else in Chicago!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #52 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed April 5, 2010

This place was fantastic, and i mean it when I stay that I won't stay anywhere else when I visit Chicago again!
The hotel was great on all levels. All staff were friendly and ready to help if I needed anything. My room was great - it had everything I coud need for a 'home away from home' and was clean (and I'm very fussy on this aspect!). The breakfast buffet was what you would expect , with enough variety for people to find something to start their day off with! I have read from people that they weren't overly impressed with the evening buffet, and though It wasn't the best selling point of the hotel, I definately wouldnt rate the hotel lower for this reason as to be honest, the fact that it is even offered in the first place is an added bonus as I have never been to a hotel before that offers this! It is one of those things that is there - if you like it, then that's great, but if you dont, then you go elsewhere for dinner and you're not really at a loss as you wouldn't have it at any thoer hotel anyway - so no loss either way! In addition, i loved the fact that it wasn't a problem if you wanted to take your breakfast/dinner up to your room. this wouldnt really be acceptable in most hotels and you might get some funny looks, but perfectly acceptable here :-)
Location of Homewood Suites was brilliant. Most tourist attractions were easily reachable either by walking, or just a short distance away on a bus or the CTA. I was a bit worried about safety, being a girl on my own, in a city i didn't really know, but I felt surprisingly fine, and the staff were great with advice on any concerns i had.
I am usually quite a difficult guest to please but I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay at this hotel - full marks - plus they have the most amazing pillows and gave me the best sleep i have had in ages! I might have to go back to Chicago just to stay here again!! :-)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed April 3, 2010

My husband I had a room plus we got one for his son, who joined us for the weekend.
The rooms are actually suites, with a microwave, full refrigerator w/ ice maker, a 2 stove top burner, kitchen sink and dishwasher and a table with chairs in the kitchen area! This is a great hotel for families who can save money by stocking the fridge & cooking for their children.

There is a TV in the sitting area plus one in the bedroom. The room was immaculate. An added plus was the windows opened slightly to get fresh air! I loved that amenity as one who smokes.

The free breakfast in the morning offered an array of eggs, fresh fruit, cereal, muffins, Danish rolls, sausage, milk, coffee & orange juice. Homewood Suites also offers a light dinner Monday through Thursday but because we stayed only the weekend, we did not have this. This is another plus for families.

The staff was friendly and courteous!

This hotel does not have a restaurant nor a business center nor lounge. I prefer to stay at hotels where I can check my e-mail and not to have to leave the premise to have a glass of wine or grab a sandwich. Still, it was nice and very reasonable price-wise when we stayey d3/26-3/28/2010.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Innkeeper64, General manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor. Thank you for the kind words that we can share with our staff. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Chicago.

I would like to apologize however for not doing a better job of communicating to you that we provide a full service complimentary business center.

I hope not being able to access it didn't detract from your stay too much and hopefully you will take advantage of it if we have the privilege of serving you again.

Regards,

David Prentiss

Reviewed April 2, 2010

Wow, from the start I knew it would be great, I called my boss asked for additional time off work spring break with a 10 and 5 year old. We felt so at home my kids want to move to Chicago, (can't afford it) but was nice.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Positives:
Staff - Appreciated warm welcome (guest services even called our room an hour after check-in to see if we needed anything); Alfredo at breakfast who helped start our days in a positive way with his smile and cheerful personality; housekeeping for a job well done; the doormen who greeted guests each time they entered or exited

Meals - Breakfasts were a wonderful mix of hot and cold foods with lots of variety; Monday through Thursday evening reception included a great display of food including soup, salad, main entree , dessert, beverages, even wine and beer; Coffee and hot chocolate offered throughout the day in the lobby (which in on the 6th floor)

Location - Just off Michigan Avenue; Great for shopping and sight-seeing; Easy access to bus service (Take Bus 151 north about 20 minutes to Lincoln Park Zoo, which has no entrance fee and is worth a visit - All bus rides downtown are $2.25 per ride) ; Excellent restaurants in the area; Within walking distance of the theater district, Millennium Park, Water Tower Place (American Girl Place); Several grocery stores around the corner

Suites - Full kitchen was convenient, as were the two separate rooms; Great view of city (we stayed on the 16th floor in Rm. 1611); Not fancy, but clean, cozy, and well-maintained

Negatives:
Parking - Fees are expensive in all of downtown Chicago, so try to avoid a car if possible - Less expensive and less stressful to travel by bus, train, or taxi than to drive and park a car

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I moved to Homewood after staying at another hotel nearby from co-workers talking of how great this hotel was, and I agree. You wake up every morning with a free breakfast that not only has cereal and bagels, but fruit, potatos, eggs, waffles, etc. In the evenings Mon-Thurs there is a menu of what is served each night from meatball subs, to cajun food, and the best part is free wine and beer! The people are very friendly and the atmosphere is wonderful. I will be returning and will be booking here again!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This hotel is of the highest quality. The staff-WOW! From the minute we pulled up to the hotel and was greeted by the bellman, to the front desk, to the housekeeper, and don't forget the hostess in the breakfast/dinner room we felt like royalty! Everyone was SO nice and friendly. The food is wonderful too! My next trip to Chicago will start with a stay at this hotel for sure!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2010

I stayed here for 3 weeks for business/leisure. The staff was extraordinary!! Every member of the staff went out of their way to make every guest comfortable. The room was always clean and was the closet thing to being home. Would recommend this hotel to everyone who visits downtown Chicago! A complete large breakfast and dinner M-Thu made the value even more worth it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business