“Excellent location, amenities”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #48 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed October 14, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for four nights while visiting friends and site seeing. The location is perfect - very close to the El and within walking distance of all the downtown sites. The suite was comfortable and well appointed. The wifi didn't work in the room, but I was able to use it in the lobby. I appreciated the breakfast. A light dinner is offered Mon - Thursday, but I didn't take advantage of it. The staff were friendly and helpful. Best of all, I had the most wonderful views of the city skyline from my 19th floor room. All in all, a very good experience.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown

Reviewed October 12, 2009

Great location in the heart of downtown. Spacious rooms. Full kitchern. Wonderful breakfast and evening meals. Awesome staff. We will return here when we visit Chicago again.

Reviewed October 9, 2009

This hotel was very beautiful. I went with a group of 4 friends and we had a blast. It was very centrally located and was close to all sorts of transportation. The Continental breakfast was magnificent! I didn't see much of the staff but all of the men at the front door were extremely helpful.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in July with our two small children for our summer vacation. I am a fan of Hilton hotels but had never stayed at a Homewood Suites, it is now our favorite chain. The large room gave us plenty of space but privacy at the same time. Having a kitchen was convenient but between the warm breakfast every morning and complimentary dinner we hardly used it. The hotel staff was great, there was a mix of guests, both those on business and families with children but the hotel was perfect for both groups.

This hotel is in a great location and is just a few blocks away from the Double Decker tour bus stop. Next time we go back to Chicago we'll be sure to stay there!

Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was our second visit to Homewood stes. downtown Chicago. Clean and newish suites with all you can want plus! Very competent desk staff and friendly employees all around (bear in mind this is a very large city & in some places "friendly" is a relative term).
Good included breakfast. And LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION--living 90 miles north of Chicago, we try to get there 1 to 2 times a year for leisure for the past 15 years or so. I've stayed in many places there. For a family with teens there is no place better.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ptarr
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Nice facility that was perfectly centered for our various activities.Perfect for those who want to park their car and use their feet while visiting Chicago. The staff was very obliging and our only complaint was that they seemed to be overwhelmed by the weekend crowd at the complimentary breakfast,which was quite good by the way.All said, we enjoyed our stay very much

Reviewed October 6, 2009

I am a corporate travel consultant and book this hotel often for my clients. My family and I stayed over Labor Day weekend and I now know why it is so popular with my clients!! The hotel is in a great location and the staff is OUTSTANDING. I was very impressed with everyone from the front desk to the server's at breakfast. Everyone was extremely friendly and always willing to help. The complimentary breakfast is a great value when traveling with a family. My teenager's loved the freedom to go to breakfast or bring it back to the room.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family