We stayed here for the fourth time from July 26 to Aug.3 and had a wonderful time (as ususual!). We did encounter a few problems but they were dealt with quickly and joyfully. This suite hotel is fab, but it's the people that work there that make this the BEST hotel in Chicago. Kudos to these wonderful people...John, the assist. General Manager, who took a personal interest in our stay,and the problems we encountered. John, went beyond the call of duty. When my room key wouldn't work for the 3rd time, he PERSONALLY escorted me to my room...NOW THAT'S SERVICE! Thanks for all that you did John, I will always remember your kindness and understanding:D
Jonah, one of the best bell men ever always had a smile and kind word, he really did make me feel like I was coming "home" after a long day of shoppping/sightseeing. We shared more than a few restaurant reviews...thanks!
The wonderful ladies who manned the front desk...always friendly and helpful! No request was ever too big to be accomodated.
Connie that worked in the lodge...a smile every morning! along with that free breakfast!. I had gotten a touch of food poisoning one night and told Connie about the experience...she offered to get me some ginger ale to settle my stomache! Connie was working here that last time we were at the Suites in '07...and she remembered us!
Suggestion to all visitors: leave these hard working people a cash tip! Yes the breakfast and manager's reception is free, but the people that seat ya and clean up after you are in the service industry and deserve a tip for their service...I know that they even appreciate a dollar or 2! It's not a lot when you consider how much that meal for the family would cost in a restaurant....free wine & beer...enough said!
I just can't say enough good things about this place! They really do stand behind their 100% Satisfaction guarantee.
Don't know when we'll be back in Chicago but do know that this is the ONLY hotel we would ever consider staying at. Great location. great facility, great food and drink and most of all, the best group of people you'd every want to meet! Thanks for another wonderful holiday...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points -receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. Check us out online for discounts and packages! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton
- Chicago Homewood Suites