Not much to add to what others have already stated - it's a terrific hotel. The rooms are immaculate and large, the location is outstanding, it has gorgeous views of nearby architectural marvels, it's walking distance from the Art Institute, which for my money is the best museum in the USA. It's also less than a block from the subway, right on top of worldclass shopping and dining, and a 10-minute walk from the fabulous House of Blues music venue.
On top of it all, it's quiet as a churchyard so you sleep like a baby in the awesome padded mattresses, there's great water pressure, and no worries buying a snack - even in the middle of the night, as there's a vending area in the lobby. The ventilation is excellent - we were neither too hot nor too cold. The room darkening shades were 100% with no rips or other gaps for light to blaze through in the morning. (I'm a super light sleeper and quiet/dark/ventilation are all important issues for me - Homewood passed with flying colors.)
Also! Free wi-fi, which is often the reason Hilton steals me away from my other loyalty program at Sheraton - who wants to be nickel and dimed?
The ONLY reason I'm not giving this place five stars is I think $42 is too much for valet parking and the rooms themselves are expensive, at $189 for a king suite - this is before taxes. Also, one of the elevators was broken during our stay and even though we could use the service elevator, there was a 10-minute wait sometimes to get downstairs.
Still, the service was excellent and combined with the other pluses of this property, we'll be back for 100% certain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points -receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. Check us out online for discounts and packages! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Homewood Suites
- Chicago Hilton