“Nice but Pricey”

Ranked #50 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Menomonee Falls, United States
“Nice but Pricey”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Room very nice, food at the evening manager's fest was only hot dogs and kind of cheap for a downtown Chicago hotel. Only one type of beer also. Breakfast was good. The meeting rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Arthur L,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your suite and the complimentary breakfast. We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 4, 2014

First, I must apologize for the review is late. I wanted to go Chicago fior my 50th birthday and I wanted a hotel in the downtown area. I was blessed when I got this booking and Scott Kong FOM was great and gave great details for arriving at Midway airport to HM Suites.
The staff at this hotel were very helpful and were courteous. The comment to the staff and the front desk to the valet parking staff.
I will definitely be back to stay at this hotel to visit the beautiflul city of Chicago.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Ocean49,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was glad to see that you and your family enjoyed the awesome view from the 19th floor. I appreciate you mentioning the very helpful and courteous staff. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

San Diego, California
Reviewed May 3, 2014

No complaints. Central location, helpful staff and easy to reach all parts of the city. The suites are smaller than other Homewood Suites I have stayed in but just as clean. Nothing less of what I would expect for Homewood Suites. Good stay overall.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
LouAnnCali,

I want to thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you felt you received great service at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago and that the location was great. I appreciate your kind words. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Ireland
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I booked this hotel as it was the best value for money for a hotel close to Michigan Avenue. Taxi from O'Hare cost about $45 including tip. We got the best rate directly through their website. Stayed for 4 nights and had a room on 15th Floor. We had a corner room which was great, view of the skyline was magnificent. The room had a sitting room and kitchen with a couch and a one seater sofa. Full fridge, cooker, dishwasher, sink, cutlery etc. The bedroom was separate with plenty of storage. Vanity unit with sink was separate from the bathroom which was handy. Could not fault the room. Hairdryer, iron and ironing board. Staff were friendly and room was cleaned every day. The lobby is on the 6th floor so on arrival take the lift to the 6th floor. It was my husbands birthday and they had a cake and a card in the room when we arrived - nice touch! Breakfast wasn't great but was run well. If the breakfast room was full you waited outside and your room number and number of guests was taken, you were then called to a table when one was free - much better than trying to grab a table. There was tea and coffee on offer outside the breakfast room (and all day) while you were waiting also which was great. The food wasn't so good, I had stayed in a Homewood Suites in Orlando and the breakfast was better with more choices. There were scramble eggs, sausages, toast, cereal, muffins, bagels - cream cheese, jams. I suppose for the rate you pay it isn't bad. Wifi is free and works well. TV channels are good with plenty of films etc. Proximity to Miracle mile - 2 minute walk, Navy Pier - 15 minute walk, Millennium Park - 15 minute walk so great central base. Would definitely recommend this hotel, you don't spend much time in your hotel so why pay more!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TravellinTash,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you had a great experience at our hotel. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the spacious suite and great location of the hotel as you visited many of the sights in the area. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had a great experience at this hotel. There was minimal noise in the hotel while sleeping. It was great. I really like how all of the employees made an effort to see how I was doing. The room was very clean and comfortable. It also had a really good location. The hotel needs a little work but I would stay at this hotel again because of the great service and location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Paul_McCoy,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. It made me very happy to see that you had a great experience at Homewood Suites. I appreciate you mentioning the great service you received at the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great location, friendly service. Price of the rooms good but price for parking was excessive however the valet's were wonderful, especially Sal. Hotel needs a little refreshing, you can see the wear and tear on the furniture. We had a good stay and would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Sean S,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was pleased to see that you had a good experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I appreciate you mentioning the friendly service and great location. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Many family members stayed here for a wedding. Efforts were made to group families together. Most stayed on the 16th floor. Extremely minimal traffic noise, but you can't escape those sirens in the middle of the night. Enter off E Grand and you'll have to take the elevator to the 6th floor to Register. This is also the location of the morning breakfast bar, which is fairly standard, eggs, sausage, potatoes of some sort, pastries, mini waffles (the kids around us seemed to really like these - topped with various toppings). The coffee in the lobby area ran out several times. The location of the coffee in the breakfast area is really tight and those that feels so inclined to doctor their coffee in front of the pots really hold up the line. LOCATION AND STAFF OUTSTANDING !! Front desk staff (checking in and out) were great and the morning breakfast staff were extremely friendly and helpful!

The exercise room on the 19th floor is next to the indoor pool, with glass all around. Great view for a quick workout. Precor machines plus free weights. A bicycle and a couple treadmills.

Every restaurant you can think of is within blocks. PF Changs and Weber Grill (excellent French Onion burger), UNO and California Pizza, along with a local brewery is on the corner. The Chicago Harley Davidson store is behind the hotel. The Red Line is on the corner of E Grand and State (1 block from the hotel). Very convenient to take to a White Sox game. Drops you out across the street from the stadium. Round trip is $2.25.

I would definitely stay here again for all the reasons stated, but I can't over emphasize the great location (Nordstroms Mall with a food court on the 4th floor across the street).

Room Tip: I don't know if it's good or not, but #1606 was a handicap room with an extremely large bath...