“My place of choice when in Chicago”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #49 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Littleton, Colorado
“My place of choice when in Chicago”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I frequent Chicago on business and vacation at least 4 to 5 times a year. I always stay at the Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown. The morning Valet staff: Amer, Allen and Sargon are the BEST. This team of professionals is always courteous, fast, welcoming. These guys are always a step ahead in knowing what you need in a rushed business or a relaxed vacation schedule.
The entire town of Chicago could learn from these three professionals when it comes to hospitality and service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dale - We really appreciate you taking time to share your experience with the world! We will pass along your kind words to our team and I know the individuals mentioned will be delighted to hear what you had to say. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
East Lansing
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great location near the Magnificent Mile... includes a hot breakfast buffet.. not continental with a few items.. a REAL breakfast! Decent indoor pool. Staff is all very friendly and helpful. Love that the bedroom has seperate doors from living area with 2 tvs.. if traveling with children they can watch what they want in the other room! There are also during the week free dinner on certain nights. We've never had that luxury and love the small kitchen with fridge... Late night snacks and leftovers were a plus with the kids! Little walk to grab the Subway to the Aquarium... long walk but not too long... to the Navy Pier or grab the free trolley and ride there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank skinygyrl
Thank you for taking time to write a review! We are glad that our suites made you and your family feel comfortable and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of the great food options here too! Hope that you also enjoyed your experience at some of the attractions you visited (Aquarium and Navy Pier)!
Wauwatosa, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Very enjoyable stay surprised on evening reception and meal. Room had great view of Chicago and Trump tower breakfast was exceptionalDid not use Valet parking thought $59 was way out of line found a spot 1 block away for $24 on line. We plan a return trip and hope we can get the same $84 a night deal at this hotel

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Steve: I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us as this is our main goal! We put a lot of thought into our dinner/reception menu and it's great that you took advantage of it. As for parking, it can be a bit tricky in Chicago but it sounds like it all worked out nicely for you!
Opelika, United States
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have stayed in many Homewood Suites and not been disappointed in any of them. The Chicago Homewood Suites on Grand offers a great location for visiting museums, eating, and having a great time with your family as well as a great place to rest and have your breakfast. Breakfast at the hotels an asset when traveling with children.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Ann: Thank you for staying with us and thank you for telling the world about your experience!
It's wonderful comments like yours that will help other families make the decision to also stay with us!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I cannot rave enough about my stay at this hotel. From the moment I arrived until the moment I left, it exceeded all expectations. Every single member of staff was so incredibly efficient, knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and provided AMAZING customer service. Especially Amer, one of the door/valet staff! I've never seen a person hail taxis as efficiently as he does. And always so cheerful! In fact, every member of staff I spoke to during my entire stay was extremely pleasant (the hiring manager at this hotel is making great choices).
This hotel is perfectly located on a busy (but surprisingly quiet once in your hotel room) street a couple of blocks from Michigan Ave and SURROUNDED by endless food and shopping. This is in central Chicago, and very lively at all hours of the day and night. I walked around this area for hours by myself, both during the day and at night, and never once felt unsafe or uncomfortable. If this is your first visit to the city or you're a solo traveler who wants to feel "safe" in a city by yourself, this is where you want to stay. During the day there are tourists and business people, and at night there are tourists and locals out for entertainment. I was solo traveling and the concierge and valet were always quick to point me in the right direction or arrange transportation for me (and gave great suggestions on where to head for entertainment/food). The hotel rooms themselves are not particularly special; however, they are suites, so they're nicely sized. Wifi is strong (even in my room on the 17th floor) and free.
I ate the free breakfast in the lobby everyday and there were many options to choose from, all prepared and maintained by hotel staff. This hotel also serves a free evening meal 4 nights per week; I didn't go to this due to other plans, but I'm sure it was quality given my experience with their breakfast.
Truly, the key highlights of staying at this hotel is that you could never ask for a better hotel location in downtown Chicago (especially for the reasonable prices I've seen for these rooms), and you will be hard pressed to find better customer service at any other hotel (or any other business, period). I highly recommend this hotel, and I definitely plan to stay here on my next trip to Chicago!

Room Tip: Higher rooms drown out the sounds of traffic and give great views of downtown
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank EricaBee
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
EricaBee,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. It made me happy to see that we exceeded your expectations during your experience at our hotel. I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast, complimentary internet and the location of the hotel as you explored the city. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and recommendation, we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Spacious, apartment like rooms with full fridge (ice machine too), dishwasher, stove top, microwave, and dishes/pots and pans! You really feel like your at a 2nd home! The view of the city is excellent! But all that doesn't compare to the hospitality of the staff here! Kind and courteous are in abundance with everyone that works here. I do have to say that one stands out above the rest. "Amer" hailed a taxi for me every work day, even in the pouring rain, all while I waited in the comfort of the vestibule. Everyone that works here has the same attitude; Which from what I experienced is, Treat every guest like royalty, and they do just that. After 15 days here I can say that when I visit Chicago, this is where I'm staying every time!

Room Tip: Rooms on the same side as the main entrance have a great view, especially the higher rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
BJoe827,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your entire experience at Homewood Suites. I was glad that you were able to take advantage of the full in-suite kitchen. I appreciate you mentioning the kind and courteous staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Love to stay at this hotel!!! Bell Men, and Front Desk are always so friendly, courteous, and helpful!!!! The continental breakfast is wonderful and the Manager's evening cocktails and buffet is very fun!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

156gails,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was delighted to see that you love Homewood Suites and the team here. I appreciate you mentioning the friendly, courteous, and helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.