“great accomidations and location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #48 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is my go to hotel when I'm in Chicago. It is in a great location with a great free full service breakfast. the personnel have always been the best! I highly recommend this location for visitors to Chicago.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Noel G,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you had a great experience at our hotel. I can see that you were able to take advantage of the full complimentary breakfast and the location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown

Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is the most WONDERFUL hotel I have ever stayed in. It does have smoking rooms (GREAT) the room, food (Breakfast and lunch come with room)rates and staff are absolutely the greatest. I was to stay for two nights but at the last minute do to the very bad weather I was stranded and they put me up. I would highly recommend this hotel. Thank you again. Karen M.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Karen M,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was honored to see that you felt Homewood Suites was the most wonderful hotel you ever visited. I appreciated you mentioning the great staff that we have and for recommending our hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel is situated in an ideal place, very close to the Magnificent mile. The staff really friendly and efficient.
The suite room, although a bit old-fashioned, is very spacious with a fully-equipped kitchen, a living-room separated from the bedroom. There is a supermarket five-minute walk from there. The rooms are well-heated, which was very important in the end of December. Breakfast is included, and hot drinks are free all day long. We were on the 17th floor, there was absolutely no noise.
Wifi works well. There is a fitting room and a small pool, but no safe in the room.
We stayed there a whole week at the end of December. We do recommend that hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

magosin M,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was very happy to see that you had an excellent experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast we offer, 24 hour coffee station in the lobby, and the pool. I appreciate you recommending our hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Guest Experience Manaer

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was previously a Hilton Diamond member before changing my hotel group preference due to issues with a neighboring Embassy Suites hotel and this hotel. Check in didn't occur until hours after the stated time and we found out that this was due to our original room being given to another family...leaving us with a very small corner unit where the crib we ordered was jammed so tightly between the bed and window that it was still 4 inches off the ground and the comforter on the bed couldn't move. I contacted Hilton HHonors and they have been useless and done nothing after months of correspondence. Nothing good to say here! To this day... I have not received a phone call, apology and definitely not any of compensation for the misery that was endured during our family vacation. I would recommend staying anywhere but here or the Embassy Suites a few blocks away!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Noah K

Noah K,

Thank you for recently visiting with us and for posting a review. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your visit. We strive to create an excellent experience for each and every one of our guests; I regret that we were not able to do so for you and your family. I would like to discuss the matter further with you, please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Imagine having your own little apartment in a block or two from great points on Michigan. The free dinner and breakfast made days more efficient and the service was excellent. Luvinia at the desk was very helpful with directions.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

James A,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent visit with us. I was pleased to see that you felt we delivered great service at Homewood Suites. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast and evening Manager’s Reception. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I traveled for work with the State recently and found the staff and accommodations excellent . The staff went above and beyond to be helpful during my stay. From Amir, Allan and Edward out front to Star,Rose, Sergio , Connie, Mary and all the others I thank you. It was 35 below outside but these people made the stay warm and friendly.

Robert K,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you received excellent treatment while visiting our hotel. I appreciate you mentioning the staff going above and beyond to be helpful. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is our goto hotel for hanging out in Chicago. It is close to shopping, entertainment and the Red Line subway is a bock away. The hotel has large, clean rooms, good breakfast and a meal I the evening Monday through Thursday. We use a self-park a block West.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Den12String,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on Homewood Suites. It made me happy to see that you felt we were an excellent hotel for shopping and entertainment. I was glad that you were able to take advantage of the spacious suite, complimentary full-breakfast, and evening Manager’s Reception. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.