“Great Location & Even Greater Bell Staff!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #48 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Lot's of positives to staying at the Homewood Suites in Chicago. Can't beat the location...in walking distance to everything! We were in Chicago for a week so it was nice to have a full kitchen in the room. Hot breakfast in the morning was nice, however...call me old fashioned but since when did it become acceptable for guests to wander the hotel and come down for breakfast in their pajamas and bed-head?! Beware of the breakfast line on weekend mornings though...crazy! Mon-Thursday dinner was a great perk as well. Great view on the top floor gym...treadmills were nice. The bell staff was excellent, always at the ready with directions, and help getting a taxi. They always gave a personal greeting as we came and went throughout our stay. Noah the Bellman took care of our bags as we checked in, offered advice on our walking route to the business conference my wife was attending, and served as a great resource during our stay. the bell desk guys on the way out were excellent as well. Housekeeping was good at honoring my requests to clean the room during certain time frames. The only negative...no safe deposit boxes in the hotel rooms. Other than that...a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Best to get a higher floor...lots of street noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Bixbiderbecke,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to our hotel. I was pleased to see that you had such a great experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I also see that you made use of the full in-suite kitchen, breakfast, and evening Manager’s Reception. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team for their helpfulness and attentiveness. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here this weekend with 2 kids for a quick trip to Chicago. The location is perfect, just a short block from the Red line on the CTA and within easy walking distance of the Mag Mile. I found the staff extremely helpful about how to get places on the CTA and wherever else we needed to go. We asked for extra bedding for a pallet on the floor (the kids are a boy and girl and couldn't share the pullout couch) and towels. Both were brought promptly. The breakfast was excellent (except there were no grits!). The Wi-fi didn't seem to connect to my phone very well. The pool was small, but adequate. I never used the gym, but it had treadmills and other equipment which would have great. The only thing I didn't like about the gym was there was only glass separating the pool from the gym, and I don't know that I really like the gym that visible. I would definitely recommend the Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Bhampat,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you had a great experience at our hotel. I see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast and pool. I appreciate you mentioning the extremely helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the years and when I say its feels like home, I meant it. As the door is opened you see the familiar faces like Amer and his team, and even though thousands of faces have passed he remembers you. You feel welcome.

Checking in and getting your room is done with clean efficiency, even when there is a crowd.

Finally to your room which is spacious, clean and well serviced. In fact they actually have hi-def on the TV's not some stretched our picture; my pet hate.

They have a great breakfast, and those nights you do not wish to see the town, there is a pleasant dinner available most nights.

When you leave again, you pass through the entrance where before you get a chance the door is opened by Amer and his team. If you have a car parked with them it is ready and waiting, if you need a taxi you get Amer; rain snow or shine, jumping into the traffic with his whistle pulling one out of chaos of the Chicago traffic. Dedicated to service as only the Hilton chain can provide.

I would recommend this Hotel to any one visiting Chicago. You are within walking distance of the finest restaurants, shops and the river.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Alan M,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was elated to see that you felt at home while at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I also see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer such as the breakfast, dinner, and in-suite amenities. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago with a group of 96 people this week. The staff is very courteous and efficient. Checking into a downtown property with 96 people is not an easy task. Usually the handling of luggage is a nightmare. But they did an excellent job with only a couple of glitches (same last names on tags)

For the price I could not find a better location....a block and a half off of Michigan Ave. short walk to the Navy Pier......numerous flagship restaurant locations within a block or two...and shopping? Numerous vertical malls withing a block provide shopping opportunities to die for.......

The rooms are all suites (real suites with separate bedrooms and baths) and very spacious. Usually when taking large groups to Chicago or NYC, you can count on having SMALL rooms. and tiny bathrooms. ( imagine 3 women in one room trying to get ready for an event) no problem here.

They provide a complimentary hot breakfast and M-Th a evening meal with drinks.

I can assure you my Chicago groups will be staying at the property in the future.........

Catfan_Caravan,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. We enjoyed having you all as our guests at the hotel. It made me happy to find out that you all had a wonderful experience while staying with us. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the courteous and efficient staff; I will pass-along your compliments to the entire team. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time your group is in town.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed a week in Chicago at Homewood Suites and enjoyed our stay. I prefer it to the hotels on the Magnificent Mile. The choice of colours in the rooms are a bit sombre, but the rooms are well equipped and clean and perfect for families. Swimming in the pool on the 19th floor surrounded by the skyscrapers is wonderful. The breakfast included in the price is quite OK and the dinner as well as drinks served on Monday - Thursday far exceeded our expectations. The Wi-Fi however was unreliable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Marthinsen,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites. I can see that you took advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast, Manager’s Reception, and the pool. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We would like to thank all the excellent staff at Homewood Suites. They spent time telling us of places to go to eat as well as sightseeing highlights in Chicago. Amer greeted us upon arrival with a " Happy Sunday Good Morning". His staff couldn't have been more helpful. Alfredo, in the dinningroom, was so pleasant to talk with. The rooms were more than we had expected in size and amenities. Hotel location is the best. The price of the room, which included breakfast and weeknight dinner, was so reasonable for a downtown location in a major city. Linda and Bob

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Bob H,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to see that you felt we have an excellent staff at Homewood Suites. I see that you were able to take advantage of the spacious suite and the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I recently visited Chicago for the very first time for my 25th birthday. Coming from Kentucky, I assumed that all residents of Chicago were going to lack the philosophy of "southern hospitality." I assumed wrong. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Amer who graciously assisted us with our bags and even let us park for a half hour at no cost. As soon as we checked into our room, I was greeted with a happy birthday phone call from Amer. The suite was great, the front desk was super nice, and the continental breakfast had everything we needed, You would not think we had a smoking room, because it smelled so fresh. During our checkout, the concierge (led byAmer) let us keep our bags there all day so we wouldn't have to tote them around downtown. They even kept our pet turtle we had bought in Chinatown safe and tagged until we got back. Although this hotel is designed for people on business trips, we could not have felt more welcome as tourists.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amanda R

Amanda R,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. It made me happy to see that you were treated with “southern hospitality” throughout your visit with us. I was glad that you and your friends enjoyed your 25th Birthday Trip to Chicago! If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.