“Wonderful Time!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #48 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great location, great hotel and great staff!! Having a kitchen area was a real plus. Rooms were spacious, clean and well maintained. We would definitely stay here again. This property offers the best value in downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Diane B,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was delighted to see that you had a wonderful experience at Homewood Suites. It made me happy to see that you found value in staying with us because of the great staff and spacious suite which included a kitchen. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Good location, breakfast. Our living room area was too small - could take space from kitchen which we did not use. Living room furniture looking tired. Pull-out sofa comfortable with foam-top addition suggested at reception and delivered by friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Ted M

Ted M,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was glad to see that you enjoyed the breakfast we offer and that the location of the hotel was convenient for you and your family while visiting the many sights and restaurants in the city. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I wouldn't call myself a frequent traveler, but I've stayed at the Homewood Suites often enough for enough years that I don't feel it's really a hotel stay any more, but rather a home away from home. While there are hotels more luxurious, I've found over the years that the best hotel is the one with amenities that you *use*, and for me? It's the Homewood Suites.

99% of my previous review of the property still stands:
1) it's lovely to have a reasonably full breakfast included in the room rate, right there in the hotel: your choice of hot or cold dishes, eggs/meat/starch (I like the potatoes!), cereal/danishes/breads/bagels, and fruit.

2) You're doing something right with the staff at this particular property. Not only have a number of them stayed for years, which is saying something in the hotel industry, but the staff are (to no small degree at management's behest, I'm sure!) outgoing, greeting guests, I don't expect staff to fawn on me, but I do appreciate the fact that the staff seem not the wooden puppets I've encountered at other hotels but real people. A special shout-out to Connie, the weekday supervisor of the breakfast room and to Nevanka, the housekeeper on the eleventh floor. Both go above and beyond the call of duty.

We've been staying here for, gosh, almost fifteen years now, and there've been a few changes over the years.

Though I love the waffle station, I'd love to have the little cartons of milk and yogurt back; I understand that was a corporate decision, but please ask corporate to reconsider! It's nice to take them back up to the room for my husband's breakfast; he sleeps later than I and it's nice to bring back something for him to eat in the room. That is, after all, one of our reasons for staying at what is after all an extended stay hotel! We can...drumroll please,...cook and eat in the room!

Now to the quibble. While the hotel was last renovated long enough ago that some of the furniture is looking a bit dinged (we're talking utilitarian stuff, not foofty hardwood! so of course it's been loved and loved thoroughly), that's not my real complaint. My one real quibble is the doors to the bathrooms. I don't know whether guests have been gnawing on the edges or simply flooding their bathrooms on a regular basis, but the lower edges and corners (five stays over the last year in different rooms on different floors) are looking frayed. Time to replace the bathroom doors, guys, only this time do it with something that won't get so ratty looking so quickly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jjhenke

Jjhenke,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. It made me proud to see that you had such wonderful things to say about the staff and the hotel. I see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer such as the breakfast and in-suite kitchen. From the sound of things, it seems like when you are in town, you regularly visit Homewood Suites; I thank you for your patronage. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was decent, but have stayed in much nicer for much less. The continental breakfast was o.k. They opened a room across the hall for the large amount of guests at breakfast and seated us there. They placed table cloths on the tables that were stained and appeared to have been laundered with towels or bedding, as there were hairs embedded in the table cloths. Needless to say we did not sit there. The location is very good. In their defense, it was opening season for the Bears, Cubs were in town, a marathon, and we booked just a few weeks before the trip. I would stay again at a lower price. If you are wondering it was $300.00 for one night and all other places we tried were booked.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

ang89,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I would like to start by apologizing for the dirty table cloth you found while dining with us. We will look into the matter to ensure that it does not happen again.

I was pleased to see that you experienced friendly service at the front desk and that the hotel was in a convenient location for you. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to host you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Downtown Chicago is a great place to visit yet can be ruined if you stay at a bad hotel. The Homewood is a great place to stay and is in a great location. Plan on walking a lot around downtown and to all the parks nearby and then relax in a quiet and great room and bed. The hotel is a no frills hotel that is a great place to stay after a long day of sightseeing or business. The lobby is on the 6th floor of the building along with the area where they serve breakfast and the evening food. The rooms have a stove, microwave and large refrigerator so if you want to save some money and eat in a couple times you can even though breakfast and dinner are free at the hotel. Service was great. The valet which is very expensive yet the going rate for downtown Chicago were extremely nice and helpful. I'd stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Aron W,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was delighted to see that you had a great experience at Homewood Suites. It seems like you were able to make the most of many of the amenities we offer such as the in-suite kitchen, breakfast, and evening Manager’s Reception. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We just stayed here for three nights with our two kids. We had a amazing time at this hotel. We had never been there before, but everything was perfect. The valet and front desk staff were extremely helpful with directions. The suite had a full kitchen with dishwasher and everything you would need to prepare meals in your room. They provide a free breakfast everyday and free dinners during the week - this was our kids favorite part. The pool on the 19th floor provides a great view! The next time we stay in Chicago, we will definitely look to stay here first. The location and value are unbeatable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DoreenB340

DoreenB340,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. It made me very proud to see that you had an amazing experience at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I see that you and your family were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the in-suite kitchen, breakfast, and pool. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the extremely helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

East Grand is such a good place to stay and Homewood Suites is the ideal hotel. We were there for four days and with the suite, were able to spread ourselves out a bit, and at a very reasonable price. As others have said, the free breakfast is excellent value and we were lucky enough to get chatting to Glenda who serves at breakfast. She gave us more good advice about Chicago than all the tour books put together! We didn't take advantage of it, but there was also an offer of free dinner for the nights we were there. PF Chang's is very close, as are Rock Bottom Brewery and the Weber Grill. A new Italian place called "The Eatery" is about to open next door to the hotel. Easy walk to North Michigian and over bridge to south of the river.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

JstarkScotland,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you had a good experience at our hotel. It seems like you were able to take advantage of your spacious suite, the complimentary breakfast, and location of the hotel. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.