“A Chicago Gem”

Ranked #50 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Adelaide, Australia
“A Chicago Gem”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I love this hotel! The staff are friendly and helpful. I arrived early and was able to check into my room. The receptionist was very helpful and suggested things to do on my first day in Chicago. One was the architectural river cruise. A great thing to do and made my visit to Chicago more interesting.
My room was comfortable and spacious. It had a separate bedroom, good size bathroom and a large wardrobe. A full size fridge, microwave, cook top and dishwasher. I had a view of the Hancock Building. I left some dishes in the sink planning on washing them later, but the housekeeping staff put them through the dishwasher for me.
Location is great and easy walking distance to just about everywhere. I walked miles and miles (good thing Chicago is flat). There is a Trader Joe's around the corner, many restaurants nearby and a shopping centre across the road.
The free breakfast was ok and differed each day. I didn't try the free evening meals, but they smelt delicious!
All the staff were polite, helpful and are to be praised for their service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
51traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was incredibly happy after seeing that you felt Homewood Suites was a Gem in Chicago; thank you for the kind words. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the amenities in your suite such as the fridge, microwave, and stove. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the friendly and helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Was our first trip to Chicago, this hotel was perfect for us, great location, very nice staff, specially the staff present during breakfast and dinner, which were free and very good, specially the breakfast. The room was very nice and confortable, the sofa bed was not very confortable. The only complain I have is the valet parking, it was to expensive, when I got there they told me that the price was average in comparision with other nearby parkings, but walking around I saw cheaper ones. Would definitely stay again and would recomend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Gogo444,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the staff; I will pass along your compliments to the entire team. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great location. Convenient to the MagMile and lots of restaurants nearby. Rooms area bit smaller than most H.S. but still nice to have the extra room with kitchen and living area. Breakfast area can get a bit overwhelmed as it is not large so don't be surprised by a long line. Weeknight dinners are decent. Red line station at the next block.

Room Tip: Lower levels really have limited views with taller buildings all around. But just get out and enjoy...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tim M
Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was delighted to see that you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the full kitchen and separate bedroom in your suite. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

USA
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great location in downtown Chicago. Lots of shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Separate bedroom and living area with large flat screen tv's in each room is a plus. Had a fantastic view of the city from the 19th floor room. Though we didn't eat there, many people took advantage of the free breakfast and evening dinner. Full kitchen with stove and appliances provide you the conveniences of home. Room was clean and well maintained. I will definitely stay here again when visiting Chicago.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bertha55,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was happy to see that you felt Homewood Suites was a great choice when choosing a hotel in downtown Chicago. I was glad that you were very comfortable and felt at home in our suite. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend, and the hotel was a great ground zero for a wonderful stay in Chicago! It's perfectly situated right off of Michigan Avenue in walking distance to the L stations, bus line and a lot of the attractions. The staff was helpful, providing suggestions for restaurants, making reserations, and tips for working the trains and buses. We had a birthday in our party, and found a bottle of wine in our room upon arrival with a card - a thoughtful gesture! The breakfasts and dinners included with the cost of the room is also a great perk. We didn't eat in for dinner, but had breakfast everyday. It was everything we really needed, and with a corner room, great views of the city too!

Room Tip: Our room was a corner on the 14th floor off of Grand Ave, great views of the Trump tower and some of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Karen C,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you and your family had a great experience at our hotel. I was honored that you chose to stay at Homewood Suites while in town celebrating a birthday. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Mount Clemens, Michigan, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Love the area this hotel is in. We checked in late, but went for a walk down to Michigan Ave, and around the area. Next morning we decided to go out for breakfast and the doorman was very friendly and sent us to a great cafe. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Lori S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites. I will let the bell and valet team know that you were thankful for their services. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Chicago, United States
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was traveling alone and didn't feel like venturing out. The complimentary meal at dinner time was a quick and easy way to get a meal after a long day of meetings allowing time to relax and check-up on emails. Everything was fine until checkout when the bill was incorrect. They did correct it, but I would expect it to be right the first time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Sharon R,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to take a moment to apologize for the billing error; we are taking steps to ensure that this does not happen again. I agree with you, the bill should be right the first time.

With that said, it seems like your experience with the hotel was a good one. I was glad that you were able to take advantage of some of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast and dinner during your business trip. We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.