The location can't be beat - walking distance to River Walk and sites alongside river. With good feet, you can easily also walk to Navy Pier or pick up the shuttle bus or take a hike up to the beach area. Only 2 blocks to Mag Mile. Nice walkable area and loads of restaurants, even the movie theater was only 2 blocks away.
The staff was helpful - from the bellman to the front desk (which is on 6th floor), to housekeeping, buffet restaurant area and maintenance staff.
Our room was in an excellent location- we could see the Wrigley Building straight out our window - loved it! Great to have 2 rooms. I didn't think the kitchenette was necessary for us, but we ended up really enjoying it.
Breakfast - included, was more than adequate. Yogurt, bananas, cereal, a few hot choices, waffle-maker, toasted items, all in a restaurant-atmosphere area (not a hotel lobby). Staff here was so friendly and cleared dishes as we ate.
ROOM ISSUES: The toilet wouldn't flush properly and made noise as if running all the time. We called the desk and they attended to this while we were out, but the issue kept happening throughout our stay, so we gave up.
A handle on the bath faucet came off right in my hand.
The carpet was FILTHY. We wore socks all the time and my new white socks were dark gray after just a few minutes.
The ice maker in the freezer didn't work and there wasn't an ice vending area. I had to get a bag of ice from the front desk and it was such a hassle (remember the long lines!) that most of the time, we did without..
FRONT DESK: Front desk was understaffed every time we were in the area. Long check-in lines and typically 1 person working. I had to call the desk a few times for room issues and most times I had to wait on hold. Twice, I had to hang up because several minutes went by and they never came back. So, I'd go to the desk, but didn't want to bother them with a question, as lines were long.
Bottom line is that the location and view were great, as were the staff and the breakfast. If you DO stay here, check out all the workings in your room and move right away if you have issues. But, if our room was any indication, be prepared for dirty carpets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points -receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. Check us out online for discounts and packages! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton
- Chicago Homewood Suites