“Excellent stay and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #52 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent stay and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for three nights last week. Loved the room..very quiet..very clean and nicely done..temperature was good and the bedding etc was very nice. The front desk was helpful and the valet guys were the best...The parking is not cheap..42.00 a day..Yikes..but that is downtown Chi for you...The room rate wsa very competetive..location perfect..could not get any better. All in all I will stay again..

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the 12 floor..not that far from elevator but out of the way..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dll01,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was delighted to see that you had an excellent experience at Homewood Suites. I was glad that you enjoyed your room and all the amenities. I was glad the location was perfect for you while in town on business. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the helpful front desk team and the valet team. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eldridge, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Just returned home from a 2 night stay with my wife and 2 young children, 5 and 7. This is our third year of visiting this hotel for a long weekend family winter getaway in Chicago.

You pull up and are greeted by multiple friendly and helpful bell/doormen. They bid you hello and farewell everytime you come and go during your stay. We were staying with another family and wanted to share a minivan cab to save on fare and, just like last year, when we mentioned this to the bellman named Amer, he went RACING out into the street and even dissappeared around the corner to promptly flag down a minivan we could share. This is above and beyond on his part and did not go unnoticed.

The front desk was friendly and efficient. We were welcomed back which is a nice touch.

We were given room 1418 which is a corner room. It has a beautiful view or the Trump tower. My 5 year old spent alot of the time we were in the room gazing out of the window asking why we can't live in Chicago.

The breakfast was good as always but really busy. We only had to wait a few minutes for a table.

The pool was fun and the exercise room was nice. The pool seemed warmer and the room seemed cooler than I remembered from years past.

If I could give it a 4 1/2 stars I would and only becuase the rooms are starting to show some age. It's purely an astheatic complaint as the room is VERY clean and comfortable.

1 Thank Hany K
Hany K,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay at our hotel. I was happy to see that you and your family had another great experience at Homewood Suites. It seems like you were able to take advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests such as the breakfast and pool. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the friendly, helpful, and efficient staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to accommodating you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Birmingham, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

smaller scale Homewood Suites in the heart of it all. Indoor pool can get very crowded during the night in the wintertime. Only two elevators so it can be slow.
Overall, great value and location. Nice to have a kitchenette and a separate bedroom area.
Also, breakfast and dinners are a plus!

Room Tip: 6th floor is the lobby floor so it is busy, also top floor is also the location of the pool so it ge...
    • 4 of 5 stars
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
ohana_kauai,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you found value while staying with us. I was glad that you enjoyed the suite you were in and all the amenities. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went to Chicago for a seminar. The host hotel was not offering the seminar room rate for the night before it was to start. In searching my two favorite hotel chains, I found an excellent deal at Homewood Suites offering a reasonable rate and a GREAT deal on valet parking (almost 50% off the normal rate). The room was comfortable wtih a view of the Hancock Tower all decorated for Christmas. The breakfast and hospitality area was comfortable and offered good food. The staff was very nice and helpful from the Valets to the Front Desk. My only wish was for a Hot Tub to help ease the muscle aches from the drive up. Will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank obxmike
Obxmike,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the nice and helpful staff; I will pass along your compliments to the entire team. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My wife, 20 month old son and I stayed here from January 1st to January 3rd, 2013. Overall I have to say that the experience was great. The staff (especially Starr at the front desk) were amazing. The pool on the 19th floor was great. The meals that were provided were fantastic home cooking food. We also got an incredible deal at the hotel!

The rooms themselves were getting a bit beat up. The layout of the room was great and the view we had was awesome. However the carpet and flooring in the kitchen area are getting a bit beat up to say the least. In our room where the carpet meets the hard flooring, the joining strip (to make it a nice and safe transition from carpet to laminate flooring) was gone and replaced by what seemed to be tape which was all rolled up and looked aweful. At one point my son even caught his toe while running around and had a bit of a cut on it.

These things do happen but I hope they freshen some of the rooms up. We are planning on returning to Chicago again either in March or July and would have this hotel near the top of the list. Current pricing for the hotel at that time is around $200 per night, which I have to say is not worth it. If you can get the hotel for anything under $150, grab the deal and you wont be disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank badgolferlondon
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Badgolferlondon,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I would like to apologize for the injury your son received from the joining strips; I hope he is well and that his cut healed quickly.

I was pleased to see that even with that, you and your family had a great experience at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to single out Starr and the entire front desk team. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We spent 3 nights following a long and harrowing drive through the great blizzard. We chose this hotel because of the Hampton Inn family and for the reasonable rates and downtown location. We were not disappointed! Hotel is just a couple blocks from Michigan Ave shopping. Room was clean and comfortable although mattress of pull out sofa was not a fan favorite (but they never are!). Dinning area for breakfast was MOBBED between 9:00 - 10:00 am. Food ran out along with dishes and silverware. Since we were on vacation and were not in a rush, it didn't bother us much. The staff handled it as best they could and were very polite and accommodating. Exercise room was clean and had nice equipment. Desk staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DeaconFans
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
DeaconFans,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that after your harrowing drive through the blizzard, you were able to make yourself at home while staying at Homewood Suites. I would also like to thank you for your patience during the breakfast, it can get busy. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the polite and accommodating staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Vancouver area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Though we didn't make it to NYC we had a great time in Chicago thanks to this hotel. The staff were wonderful. We were there over Halloween and they had really embraced the "spirit". The best things about this Hotel was:
1) staff - always striving to meet needs and very friendly. The consierge and door staff always helpful with suggestions when asked.
2) location - right in the heart of downtown walking distance to all the major downtown sights. We did need to cab it to the museam of natural history
3) well appointed rooms - great suite layout and amenities. Great functional kitchen, no oven but who needs it! Separate living and sleeping areas with TVs in both. Nice bathroom. All very clean. There was a problem with our door that housekeeping should have noticed (wouldn't lock). When we reported it, it was fixed right away. I would have recommended the rooms having robes though.
4) the breakfast and the light supper - what a nice surprise to have that supper during the week. It wasn't so light either you can make a meal of it. The breakfast was more than continental too.

We did have problems with the wireless on our mobile devices.

I ended up having to use the Business center for work and it was very functional. I believe I even used the fax with not extra long distance charges.

I would come back and stay in a minute. Because of this stay, I am also going to look for other Homewood Suites in my travels. This was my first stay with them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FarQII
FarQll,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. It seems like you were able to visit the many sights downtown Chicago has and take advantage of a lot of the amenities we offer such as the breakfast, dinner, and kitchen in your suite. I appreciate you for taking the time to mention the friendly and helpful staff. If it would not be too much of an inconvenience, would you be kind enough to “like” us on facebook? Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.