Just returned home from a 2 night stay with my wife and 2 young children, 5 and 7. This is our third year of visiting this hotel for a long weekend family winter getaway in Chicago.
You pull up and are greeted by multiple friendly and helpful bell/doormen. They bid you hello and farewell everytime you come and go during your stay. We were staying with another family and wanted to share a minivan cab to save on fare and, just like last year, when we mentioned this to the bellman named Amer, he went RACING out into the street and even dissappeared around the corner to promptly flag down a minivan we could share. This is above and beyond on his part and did not go unnoticed.
The front desk was friendly and efficient. We were welcomed back which is a nice touch.
We were given room 1418 which is a corner room. It has a beautiful view or the Trump tower. My 5 year old spent alot of the time we were in the room gazing out of the window asking why we can't live in Chicago.
The breakfast was good as always but really busy. We only had to wait a few minutes for a table.
The pool was fun and the exercise room was nice. The pool seemed warmer and the room seemed cooler than I remembered from years past.
If I could give it a 4 1/2 stars I would and only becuase the rooms are starting to show some age. It's purely an astheatic complaint as the room is VERY clean and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points –receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Homewood Suites
- Chicago Hilton