Your reviews on TA helped us in picking this Hotel. 5 guys in Chicago for a sports weekend!!
Location was perfect. Super easy and cheap to catch the CTA (subway) from O'Hare to the Hotel.
Grab the Blue Line to Jackson (Loop) short walk to the Red Line, jump on it and get off a few stops later at the Grand. Just a short block to the Hotel. Arrived Thursday 7pm, CTA was quiet and took us less then an hour to arrive at our Hotel. Returned home Monday 6am and again, less then an hour from when we left our room to when we walked up to the check-in line at the airport.
Concierge desk at the entrance (very helpful with all our questions) take the elevator up to check-in. The 4 nights we spent here we found the breakfast & concierge staff the most pleasant and helpful. The front desk people were okay, at best, but we didn't choose this place based on staff ratings.
1 bedroom suite (2 doubles & sofa-bed) for 3 of us. Plenty of space, sure the sofa-bed was a bit tight, but it's downtown Chicago how big do you expect for the price? Full-size fridge to keep the soft drinks cold (case the wives read this).
Room was very clean, even though we were all guys, I'm a bit picky when it comes to cleanliness. Large closet in the bedroom with plenty of hangars! No problems with dust (my allergies would have complained).
Buffet breakfast every morning, plenty to choose from, re-stocked quickly, lots of seats so even when it's busy and you have to line-up to get in, it moves quickly.
Easy walking distance to all the sites. 1 of us recently had a hip operation and was using a cane to get around, but was still able to handle the short distances.
Location to the CTA was important to us as we wanted easy access to Soldier Field and to Wrigley Field.
Lots and I mean lots of restaurants and bars to choose from, with every price category. Never had so so meal let alone a bad meal the entire time we were there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points –receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Homewood Suites
- Chicago Hilton