I read a lot of tripadvisor reviews about this hotel and was a bit skeptical about all the raves about the customer service. Well now I have experienced this for myself and I have to say that the customer service at this hotel is just amazing. Everyone has an unbelievable can do attitude!
I emailed them and asked for a super quiet room and other amenities and I received them all. I was working in the room and the chair was uncomfortable -- POOF -- A call to guest services and Mr. Jason Park personally brings me an ergonomic chair especially for me. It was probably his own personal chair - that is just how good the service was!!
Need more coffee - yes sir, right away and it magically appears in your room in a flash!
Hungry - breakfast is included and you also get what they call a welcome home snack from 5:00pm to 7:00pm - but what I and the other guests more or less call Dinner. A very nice free buffet with different themes every night. Gourmet Chicago style food - not really, but it was tasty, hot and fresh. The brisket was really good.
You get coffee, tea, popcorn, cider, hot chocolate free in your room, but there is also the same stuff available 24/7 in the lobby - again for free.
Ok, now some details. The rooms were immaculate and all come with a kitchen with huge microwave and refrigerator and a coffee maker. The rooms are large and comfortable with TVs in the living room and bed room.
You get free wireless internet, shampoos etc, etc, etc and you get amazing service from the housekeeping team. I used to hate waiting hours for more towels etc, in this hotel, the stuff you ask for comes right away.
The kitchen is fully stocked with all the pots, pans etc you need.
To be fair, you will wait a long time for the elevators and
The location is fantastic - right near subway stops, magnificent mile, state street and great restaurants. You can walk just about anywhere and if not you can take the subway.
I cannot recommend Homewood Suites enough. Best value you will ever find in any hotel.
A special thanks to the girl from Minnesota (your eyes made me forget your name) - you are the queen of customer service!!
A very special thank you to Starr at the reception - a real Star - her parents named her well. She provided me with outstanding service and was extremely patient with me in giving me directions and answering my questions. She also searched high and low for the huge stapler I needed for my project.
Also a very special thanks to Jason Park - who emailed me back and forth before my stay to ensure me that I will get a quiet room on a high floor, a white board and lots and lots of quiet. Personally bringing me the special chair within 10 minutes of my request was a very special touch.
I loved this hotel and cannot wait to go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points -receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. Check us out online for discounts and packages! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton
- Chicago Homewood Suites