“Second time there, but 1st time commenting”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #48 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at the Homewood Suites from Sept. 29th to Oct. 5th. My husband and I stayed in a suite with a full refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, real plates, metal eating utensils and two separated rooms; separated by a closing door, one a living type area and one a bedroom. While the room rate might seem a bit more than other hotels the perks that go along with, when you figure up what you would have paid individually for the services, are worth it. Along with ample 'living space' and a daily complimentary copy of USA Today, breakfast is provided daily from 6:30-9:30 on weekdays and 7:00 to 10:00 Sat. and Sunday. I am talking scrambled eggs, meat, cold and hot cereal, fruit, bagels, toast, juices and other items I have forgotten. All the food was hot and fresh, although not mind blowing, it was good. An evening meal was also provided which, again although not mind blowing, was hot, tasty and varied each night. The indoor pool on the 19th floor, although not warm enough for my taste, allowed for a relaxing lounge in the sun through it's large glass windows. The staff was always friendly and very helpful. We only had to request on the first day that extra coffee and tea be left in the room and each day it was there. The microwave popcorn provided made for a great midnight snack and the refrigerator allowed us to have other 'snacks', that required refrigeration, on hand, along with our favorite beverages. On the days that I got a late start leaving the room, the cleaning staff was more than accomodating, by coming back after I had left. The doormen were always friendly, welcoming you home and wishing a nice day/night. The hotel is located in a great part of town for walking to the Magnificent Mile (heard others address it as the Million Dollar Mile) and Millennium Park. While we were there on business, there was more than enough close by the Homewood Suites to keep up busy and our time at the hotel was relaxing and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ress85
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Ress85,

Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you had a great experience with us and wrote us a review. I was also glad that you enjoyed the suite you and your husband were in and the amenities we provide our guests. It seems like you were able to take advantage of the location while visiting the many attraction downtown Chicago has to offer. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the friendly and very helpful staff; it would be a pleasure to inform the entire team of your compliments. We hope you give us the opportunity to create a great experience for you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was our first time in Chicago. The hotel location was perfect, although it wasn't on the 'magnificent mile' if was 2 blocks away, but the hotel area was steps away from everything. The hotel staff were extremely polite and very knowledge of the downtown Chicago area. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised that it there was complimentary dinner as well as breakfast. There dining area was very nice with nice variety of meals.

Our room has a seperate bedroom with King size bed...living room with pullout couch and kitchenette (with everything! including dishwasher)

At the end of our stay i thought I forgot my wallet in the hotel room and one of the bellmen actually came up with me to help me look for it. I highly recommend anyone staying there. We stayed at another hotel on our last night and I regret it I should have just stayed at Homewood Suites. The only thing this hotel was missing is a pool.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank camie m
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Camille o,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience while staying with us; so much in fact, that you were kind enough to recommend our hotel to people. It seems like you liked the suite you were in and took advantage of many of the amenities we offer our guests. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the extremely polite and very knowledgeable staff; I will pass along your compliments to the entire team here at Homewood Suites. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Just returned home from 5 days in Chicago. Our stay at Homewood Suites was terrific. The price was right, the staff was terrific and the complimentary breakfast is more substantial than I expected. BEST OF ALL, it is in a terrific location. We walked or used public transit throughout our stay. Watching the marathon go by was an added bonus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Winterpeg1Winnipeg,

I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I was pleased to see that you and your friends enjoyed the time you spent at Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was also glad that the location of the hotel was convenient for you while visiting the many sights the city has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Fantastic location, walking distance to most attractions, surrounded by great places to eat, shop and drink. Really friendly staff. Breakfast was included and had a good selection of hot and cold food from a buffet.
BedrOoms were cosy with great views, it was great having a separate living area. It is a perfect place to stay on business, with your partner or family.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Loveitalydublin,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed you experience while staying with us. I am glad that the spacious suite was to your liking. It also seems like you took advantage of many of the amenities we offer and that you found great value in our breakfast buffet. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the friendly staff; I will pass along your compliments to the entire team. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel is in a brilliant location, just a short walk from magnificent mile. The staff were really great (Noah in particular stands out) and the hotel seemed to go out of their ways to make their guests feel really welcome. I was expecting a few canapés and a glass of wine at the nightly free managers reception, however, this is full blown dinner with soup and dessert and was popular with guests. Breakfast is very good too. When you pull up at the hotel, take the valet parking option, this is $1 more than parking yourself and very welcome after a long drive.

Stayed: October 2012

Vallarta1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was pleased to see that you had a great experience while staying at Homewood Suites. I was glad the location of the hotel was fantastic for you while going about your various activities in the city. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the great staff; I will pass along your compliments to the entire team. We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay..close to all of the city's top attractions and every suite has a sitting room with full kitchen plus a bedroom (some 2 bedroom units). They feed you very well every weekday evening with a buffet and complimentary beverages, plus a filling hot breakfast daily. It is a great location for sightseeing as most places are within walking distance or a short subway ride (can easily walk to the subway station). The area is reasonably safe for a large city (we never felt apprehensive although travelers should always use reasonable caution). Lots and lots of wonderful places to dine from casual to elegant and within an easy walk. Suggest you try the afternoon tea at the Drake Hotel in the afternoon, then back to your own hotel for the evening buffet and you'll be content for the evening! Hotel is spotlessly clean and staff is friendly and very happy to help you with directions, suggestions or whatever other assistance you need. Also, several grocery stores nearby if your preference is to prepare a quiet meal in your room. The hotel will even do your grocery shopping for you!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

funlovin_11

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your experience while staying with us. It seems like you were able to walk or take public transportation to all the great sights the city has to offer. I was glad to see that you took advantage of the breakfast and dinner. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the friendly, happy, and helpful staff. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Have just returned from a break in Chicago staying at the Homewood Suites. Although the street access isn,t the most attractive every thing else about this hotel makes a city break in Chicago an experience to be recommended. The rooms with kitchen and lounge are spacious and clean and the giant bed really comfortable. The pool was a good size for an inner city hotel and although small the gym looked well fitted out. The decor is rather dated but every thing is clean and well maintained. I loved the coffee 'on tap' in the foyer and the breakfast provided a wide range of healthy and non healthy options. One bonus to the jet lagged was the free supper buffet provided Monday to Thursdays. Overall this hotel is to be highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Trump Tower for a spectacular evening view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

524StephS,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on our hotel. I was pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your experience at Homewood Suites. I was glad that the suite you were in was to your liking and that you enjoyed many of the amenities we offer our guests: especially the coffee station. We hope that when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago, we will remain a top choice for you.