“Simply Perfection”

Ranked #49 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Forest City, Iowa
“Simply Perfection”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Always a perfect stay and this was no exception. A good rate, a warm greeting and a great complimentary breakfast. A large suite with two flat screen TV's. Clean and quiet and a great nights sleep. What more could anyone ask for. The service here at this hotel is 5 star to say the least. Thanks.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Keith H
CHSRoger, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you for your continued loyalty we appreciate the sharing of your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed December 16, 2011

This hotel is RIGHT in the middle of the action - directly across from Nordstrom and right around the corner from the Magnificent Mile. I made reservations in June for a December stay by calling the Hotel directly. I spoke to John and he was very helpful - we originally had four suites reserved for three nights. By the time December rolled around there were two suites for three nights. I called three nights in advance to cancel the other two rooms (more about this later). The hotel was able to accomodate my requests for a higher floor and rooms by each other. The suites are on the smaller side, but very clean and quiet. The staff was very customer service focused -- in addition to John being very helpful, I spoke with Horace and Starr who were also very attentive. We had the free breakfast one of the mornings and it wasn't bad as far as free breakfasts go. Eggs, a variety of breads, and a few meat choices. The only issue I had was the night before we left I checked my checking account and was surprised to see that I was being charged for an additional room (remember I cancelled them). When I called the front desk I was told that I hadn't cancelled. After a few back and forth's the front desk agreed to cancel the charge. This person (whose name I didn't get) was not as friendly as the others I had talked to, although she did fix my account. I will definitely stay here again next year when we come for our annual shopping trip.

Room Tip: Request a room at the top of the hotel. Great views! Rooms start at the 7th floor and go up to the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebekah W
CHSRoger, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, December 18, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience. I do apologize about the charge to the debit card for the 3rd room. I will review with the team to understand why we did not cancel out the 3rd room. I do look forward to your future visit and please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 16, 2011

This is the second time my family and I have stayed at this property since 2009.

Just like our last visit, the staff is top-notch with a friendly demeanor and eager to please. The valet was always present and opening the door for us night and day. They were also great at assisting us with our luggage and retrieved our vehicle quickly when we needed it. The workers in the dining area (breakfast AND dinner is included) were also very pleasant and quickly cleaned tables. The room was very clean and spacious. Consider that you are 1/2 a block from the magnificent mile in what is essentially a one bedroom apartment. With the subway a block away, your access to the entire city is convenient. All units include a kitchenette with microwave, full-sized refrigerator, cooktop, dishwasher, toaster, etc. Compare the price and you'll see that this place is hard to beat. The only area I can offer improvement in is that the facilities are probably in need of a refurbishment soon. This is nit-picking, however, because everything is very clean and functional. Certainly not something that should keep you from booking here. I know we will again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room facing the south- GREAT views!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your suggestion and feedback during your stay we do look forward to your future visit to Chicago and appreciate your loyalty.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Spent 4 nights over the recent Thanksgiving Holiday at the Homewood Suites, We weren't looking for luxury, but wanted a clean, safe, place to stay in a convient location. We enjoyed the Magnificant Mile, Thanksgiving day parade, etc and found this to be a great location.
We especially wish to send a great big "Thank You" to the Valet Staff especially Henry. They went out of their way to take care of the wife, kids and especially the amily car. I know they don't work directly for Homewood Suites, but they really are the ones that greet you as you come and go.
Also wanted to thank Rose at the desk for her assistance as well. Breakfast was great, but one day we decided to get a sit down hot breakfast and found Mary's right down the block to deliver exactely what we were looking for.

Would definately stay at Homewood Suites again!

Room Tip: Look for the ends of the halls away from the elevators. Although we found the rooms to not be that n...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback we will share with Henry, Rose and Valet team.
Romeo, Michigan
Reviewed December 15, 2011

My wife and I went to Chicago for a getaway over the summer and it was a great find. The Homewood has a great spread for breakfast and dinner(weekdays only) and the amenities were very comfortable. The room was well equipped with a nice kitchenette and a full size fridge (great for leftovers with all the great food in Chicago). The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was above average. It's not glamorous by any means but for $100 a night for 2 blocks off Michigan Ave with meals you can't go wrong. Definitely recommend this hidden gem.

Room Tip: All the rooms are basiclaly the same.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank InspireMI
We appreciate you sharing your experience in regards to your stay. We look forward to your next visit to Chicago.
Wisconsin
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for two nights, at the end of October. We usually stay at one of the Embassy Suites downtown, but we got a good deal on this Homewood Suites and we will definitely stay there again. It's just down the street from our favorite restaurant, Joe's Steak and Seafood, which was definitely a plus. Also, just across the street from the Nordstrom's entrance to the Mall on Michigan Ave. We walk everywhere, when we are in Chicago, so this hotel was great. We were there on a weekend, so didn't get to try the Manager's Reception. I'd give it 5 stars, but the bathroom door would hit the toilet, if the seat was down and it could use a little updating. That being said, we're looking forward to our next visit. Also, I went looking for some hair things, so I could put up my daughter's hair and couldn't find any in their shop, so asked at the front desk and they gave me a handful of rubberbands. Just what we needed! :-)

Room Tip: Get down to breakfast early, because it gets busy in the dining area and it's hard to find a sea...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Lislcat
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am surprised that you were able to use the rubber bands for your daughter’s hair did not have a good experience with my own daughter : )
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We stayed here with friends for a weekend getaway. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful when we needed them. They also offered continental breakfast AND dinner (with beer) every week night. The food was delicious! This hotel is in a great location. We were able to walk to the Magnificent mile, Millenium Park, Navy Pier and its right across the street from the Nordstrom mall. The subway was also one block away for easy access. They also have several restaurants and bars within close walking distance as well. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Chicago.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience while staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.