What we liked:
1. The location couldn't be better: near Michigan avenue (the main street of downtown Chicago) and only a 2 minutes' walk from a subway station. There are also many bus stations nearby, and all this without hearing the noise from the street (the hotel has many high level floors).
2. The room was comfortable and big: Great shower head, two televisions, equipped kitchen, good bed.
3. Very nice staff.
4. I used the swimming pool in the mornings for a few laps and really enjoyed it (it's not big, but has great view and is a little bit heated). However, the gym could stand to have more than two treadmills.
5. Good breakfast and, on week days, complementary dinner snakes.
6. "Pizza Uno", by far the best pizza we ever ate (and we've been to Italy....) is just around the corner.
What we didn't like: The price was pretty high, although it's not unreasonable, considering the location and comfort. If it's not too much for you - go for it! If it is,you can find nice hotels in lower prices further away from downtown.
A little tip: Chicago's public transportation (buses and subways) in superb. I would recommend depending on it instead of renting a car, unless Chicago is only one city you plan to visit on your road trip.More