“Perfect for what we needed. ”

Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection
Ranked #77 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Noble, Oklahoma
“Perfect for what we needed. ”
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

I wanted a hotel close to the metro lines and with easy access to anything I may want to do. This hotel fits that perfectly. It is only a few blocks from the loop, and 20 min from wrigley. The staff was super friendly and helpful, and I'm not sure if I was that tired, or the beds were that comfy, but it was great!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Hello Chuvok,
Thank you for the great review! We love being the perfect fit for your Chicago vacation. We’re thrilled you thoroughly enjoyed our comfortable beds, friendly team, and fabulous location, in the heart of Chicago. The next time you’re in the windy city, we’d love to see you again. We look forward to making your next visit even better!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Nothing special about this hotel for the amount of money I paid. First let me start off by saying that there is no parking on site unless you want to pay $65 a day for valet (the perk is you are able to take your car out without paying every time you leave the lot). Being in the city this isn't unusual but if you want to save a few bucks there is a parking garage about 2 blocks away next to a CVS for $40 a day. You do have to pay every time you take your car out, so I just took the train or cab to places I needed to go. Second, to get your floor you must use your key in the elevator. No one at the front desk informed me on this, feel like this is something important to tell people.
Once I got to my room my toilet was over flowing and there was no air control in the room and it was HOT. After complaining about the two problems they changed my room only to have that toilet consistently running. It wasn't so bad so I didn't even bother complaining. Other than those few problems the hotel was clean and location was great.
Would I recommend this place or stay here again? Only if the price was right.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jenn1118
Hello Jenn,
We appreciate you leaving us thoughts about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to provide our guests with the convenience and reliability of our on-site valet service, but we are sorry to hear our rates weren’t to your liking. We regret not offering more specific information about floor access at reception; guest privacy and security are very important to us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to a plumbing or air conditioning malfunction in your room. We are glad you found our accommodations clean and our location fantastic though. Thank you for all the feedback. It’s invaluable, as we strive to offer all our guests a wonderful experience. We hope you consider Hotel Chicago again; we would love an opportunity to win you over!
Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. My room was clean, bed comfortable and had everything I needed. Concierge lounge was good with a nice breakfast and snacks. The staff were all friendly and attentive and I was pleased I decided to stay here as I considered it very good value for money!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hello Danboy95,
We’re thrilled we could add some comfort and convenience to your recent business trip. We’re happy our dedicated team provided you with friendly, attentive service, and we’re glad you enjoyed our tasty breakfast and very reasonable rates. The next time you find yourself in our beautiful city, we hope you choose Hotel Chicago for another pleasant experience.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I stayed here on business. The location is AMAZING, it shares a common driveway with the House of Blues/Marina City. Check-in was a breeze, I had prepaid ($137) on bookit.com. I came to the front desk and they were VERY friendly, the entrance is somewhat small and you can't see much from just walking in. I did peek down the hallway from the entrance and the décor is very well thought out.

The room was great, I had a South view of Marina City and the river. Not noisy, but it is the CITY-so it is not absolutely quiet either. I LOVED the VIEW, and the ginormous windows and drapes kept it nice and dark at night. The room had a safe in the closet (I always appreciate that--never a worry with leaving stuff behind.) coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffee (premium!) and herbal tea selection. Nice honor bar and fun selection of snacks sitting out if you are starving. The King bed gave me the best night's sleep!! The pillows were lovely (real down--not too flat--not too fluffy) and the sheets were totally WHITE and very CRISP. My giant headboard was brown "leather" with a pressed-paisley design. The room was very spacious and so was the bathroom and the nice "rain" shower-head in the tub. The shower had full sized gel/shampoo/conditioner located inside which made for a very BUBBLY morning shower!!!!!
I appreciated that I had to wave my keycard in the elevator at the sensor to get to my floor-another level of security which is helpful in a busy city. I rate hotels on cleanliness/comfort/location primarily. My stay here was fantastic!!!!
I never heard of this hotel so I was pretty skeptical. When I realized it was part of the Marriott group, I figured it should be pretty nice. The room was decorated with some pretty "fancy/unique" furnishings (my great-big room chair had clawed legs and was a faux "snake skin" material). Kind-of "edgy/sheik/cool". My stay at this hotel over-exceeded my expectations. I would call this a "boutique Marriott" hotel for sure because of the unique furnishings. It sure did make me feel like I "got away".

Room Tip: Be sure to get a South view, I was on the 16th floor and never heard the House of Blues at all, but...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Patricia A
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Hello Patricia,
We hope you know how much we appreciated your great review! We’re thrilled our location, friendly team, unique décor, and thoughtfully designed rooms exceeded your expectations. Making you feel truly welcome and secure in the city is very important to us. We’re happy you enjoyed our comfortable beds, crisp white sheets, wall length windows, beautiful views, and refreshing shower design, and we’re delighted our charming little extras, like gourmet coffee, plentiful toiletries, and in-room safes, enhanced your stay. Whether business or pleasure brings you back to Chicago, we hope you choose us for another wonderful experience!
USA
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The hotel is greatly located near great restaurants and some of Chicago's famous entertainment venues like the house of blues.
Rooms are modern and nicely kept and the bathroom is big and spacious (no bathtub in the room I stayed in).
The metro station is just a few blocks away. Pharmacies and coffee shops are also one or two blocks away.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank IntlEconTraveler
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Hello IntlEconTraveler,
We really appreciate the review! Our fantastic location seems to have all the bases covered: amazing attractions, delicious dining, convenient transportation, helpful pharmacies, and plenty of charming coffee shops. We’re thrilled you enjoyed our great proximity to all of the above. We’re happy you also appreciated our stylish décor and clean, spacious rooms. The next time you’re looking for the perfect stay, in the heart of Chicago, please think of us! We’d love to make your next visit even more memorable!
Minneapolis
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I rate hotels on Cost, Cleanliness, Comfort and Convenience. Hotel Chicago gets 5's across the board. Here's what I got: $100 night hot deal on Hotels.com, extremely clean and well appointed, great shower, the most amazing bed I've ever slept on and blocks away from Michigan Ave, The loop and transportation. The style is contemporary classic in blacks and neutrals. We requested early check-in and got it even though they were sold out the night before. 3 blocks from the O'Hare blue line. The staff is attentive and polite. The only negative was paid wifi. I didn't ask what the cost was since I had my phone. We had room 1002 facing the River North neighborhood.

Recommend:
Lou Malinati's for Chicago style pizze on Wells (5 minutes)
Wildberry on Michagan and Randolph (northside of Grant Park) for a terrific breakfast. Some of the best coffee I've ever had.

Avoid:
Eggsperience (cold coffee, tepid food) on West Ontario.

The Picky Traveler proving that you don't have to compromise when you are traveling on a budget.

Room Tip: The hotel is north of the Marina Towers, so you want to face north.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank kodea
Mark D, General Manager at Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Hello Kodea,
We’re thrilled we exceeded your expectations on your thoughtful set of criteria. We’re glad the comfort of our beds set a new record in your book, and we’re happy you found our rooms clean, our showers terrific, and our location convenient. We hope you enjoyed our contemporary décor and friendly service team. We’re delighted we could accommodate your early check-in request, even on short notice. We try our very best to please our valued guests! For future reference, Wi-Fi is offered for free to all Marriott Rewards Members. This free program offers great benefits throughout all Marriott properties. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review, plus plenty of helpful tips for future guests. We hope to see you again; we would love to offer you another fantastic experience!
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is old but it obvious it's been nicely renovated. However we couldn't believe the bath towels were really old and even torn. My husband has a platinum membership with Marriott, so supposedly we were in one of their best rooms? The breakfast food at the concierge lounge was not good either, poor selection and not the best quality. Disappointed! Great location and good beds though.

Stayed August 2014
Hello,
Your feedback is invaluable to us, as it helps us identify areas we need to improve. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the condition of our bath towels. We will take your comments under careful consideration, as we continue to make improvements. Your satisfaction and comfort are our top priorities. We are sorry to hear the quality and selection of our breakfast didn’t meet your expectations. We appreciate your loyalty and strive to offer every guest a wonderful experience. We are happy to hear our fantastic location and comfortable beds served as redeeming qualities. We hope they’re enough to bring you back to us; we would love the opportunity to make your next stay more rewarding!