“GREAT Stay!”

Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #43 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed August 30, 2014

My girlfriend and I took her 6 year old daughter to Chicago for a few days to shop (American Girl Doll Store at the top of the list!), enjoy museums,etc. We chose to stay at this particular Hyatt due to the location (close to Water Tower/other shopping) and I got a pretty decent price (considering it's Chicago and close to the Magnificent Mile-$177 per night with taxes). We flew in, so we didn't have a car and didn't have to worry about the cost of parking. When we arrived before noon, my hope was to at least leave our luggage at the hotel while we enjoyed the city. Much to my surprise, our room was ready! And, they accommodated my requests of a high floor and on St. Clair street. (I read other reviews about the noise from the hospital...ambulances coming at all hours.) Our view wasn't great, but that's OK...I prefer a good night sleep over a view. We were on the 17th floor and even though we were not far from the elevator, we really didn't hear a lot of noise in the hallway and during the entire stay (3 nights/4 days), we may have heard 2 ambulances, but nothing that kept us awake at night! We found it to be rather quiet! The room was very clean. We had 2 queen beds and we were pleased to have a little frig for water, etc. The room was what I'd expect of a Hyatt. It was up to date and clean! We weren't willing to pay $10 per day for wifi as we were gone most of the day. (For what we are spending on these hotel rooms, it still annoys me when hotels want to charge us for wifi!) Having a pool for the 6 yr old to swim was nice. The pool itself is rather small, but clean. They also had a hot tub in the pool area. The fitness center was near the pool and looked nice, although we didn't use it. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful! EVERYONE we encountered from cleaning staff, doormen, front desk staff...were all very friendly! In fact, while I was checking in, there were 3 staff (managers, etc.) talking to my girlfriend and her daughter who was holding 2 American Girl Dolls. (This was also the little girl's first trip to Chicago, first flight, etc.) So, they too were making a big deal out of her "firsts" and whispered to my girlfriend that there was an American Girl doll store at the Water Tower. My girlfriend told them that was one of the reasons we were there and that her daughter knew that's where we were going the next day. We kind of laughed about them whispering that information, but they explained that they learned to whisper that information to parents in the event that it was a surprise for the child. I was impressed that they were sensitive to those types of details. As for location, this Hyatt is one block off of Michigan Ave. and a short walk to the Water Tower. We also walked to Navy Pier (with 6 yr old in tow) which took us about 20 min. There is a Starbucks in the lobby of the hotel and a Corner Bakery across the street. Both came in handy for a quick breakfast and not a lot of money! There are also plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance. This is a great hotel and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat! This Hyatt gets an easy "two thumbs up"!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile loves reviews like yours! We were so happy to hear that your stay was such a success! The American Girl Doll Store and Cafe are located just a few blocks from our hotel and has brought joy to many little girls and boys who come to Chicago just so they can visit this special place. Your acknowledgment of our wonderful staff was greatly appreciated. We can't thank you enough for the "two thumbs up" recommendation!

Reviewed August 28, 2014

Loved the hotel..great location and wonderful service. Refurbished rooms are really spacious and modern. We were warned about the ambulance sounds since the hotel is near a hospital but it really didnt bother us and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Chicago.

1  Thank Ajay S

Thank you for the excellent review of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile. We certainly enjoyed having you and your family here. Your comments have been shared with our executive team and everyone appreciated your very nice words. Hopefully, you can find some well-deserved R&R time later this year and come back to enjoy Chicago all over again. Thank you for choosing us as your downtown Chicago destination!

Reviewed August 28, 2014

When a $300+ per night hotel nicks you for over $60/nite for parking a car, and wants $10-15/day for WiFi they are clearly trying to take advantage of guests instead of charging the room rate they want. Nice rooms, some nice people, but a lousy, disorganized stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnentgrp

We appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel and I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. We feel our current pricing levels are competitive, but your feedback lets us know that providing more of our inclusive packages would better meet your needs, instead of offering deeply discounted room rates and charging individually, just for those guests who use certain amenities. I assure you that we will take your comments and suggestions into consideration. Wishing you all the best as we enter into the fall season.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my teenage son last month. Had read a lot of reviews and the only thing I worried about was the noise from the hospital. Turns out there was nothing to worry about. We never heard anything while in our room. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The location was fantastic and the rooms were spacious and clean. I would HIGHLY recommend staying at this hotel and will certainly book it when I return to the beautiful city of Chicago.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Thank you for your excellent review of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile. We certainly enjoyed having you here at our 4 diamond property! Your comments have been shared with the Executive Team and everyone appreciated your nice words. I hope you and your family can find some well-deserved R&R time later this year and come back to enjoy Chicago all over again. Thank you for choosing us as your downtown Chicago destination.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Although pricey, you get what you pay for. I have spent many nights in various hotels throughout the world and I will say that, thus far this is one of the best hotels I have personally experienced. The most important qualities to me, in a hotel, our Cleanliness, Customer Service, Safety and Location. The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel possessed all of the qualities I personally look for and expect.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Your 5 star review of the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile on TripAdvisor made my day! We love that you felt that the grandeur of the hotel is more than matched by the high levels of service. While our team takes care of everything, our guests can relax and savor the wonderful atmosphere. To say that we are the Best Hotel to stay in while visiting Chicago is praise indeed!
Bring the family back soon for another visit!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

The hotel staff, rooms, dining and total experience was great. I would recommend this hotel. I traveled with my wife and two small children. The pool is small but great for kids. The hotel staff were very polite and helpful. We ate at the breakfast buffet and it was good. The dining staff was excellent. All the staff at the Hyatt were very pleasant to deal with.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Chicago Hyatt M, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

The definition of the word "hospitality" is the friendly reception and treatment of guests or strangers and the quality or disposition of receiving and treating guests and strangers in a warm, friendly, generous way. The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile strives to reach these goals and I believe we have accomplished just that! We thank you for your kind words on TripAdvisor and hope that you and your family are able to come back often and stay with us.

Guest Relations Mnaager

Reviewed August 26, 2014

great location, great food, quick attention to questions. we stayed for a family wedding for one week and were very pleased. the concierge service was quick and helpful. the weather was the only thing that made this trip less than perfect but who can control that?

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

We were happy to hear that you spent a week with us for a family wedding. The Hyatt Chicago Magnificent is just steps from Michigan Avenue and our hotel features magnificent wedding venues in downtown Chicago, stunning ballrooms, including our Grand Ballroom and Lakeshore Ballroom, elegant cuisine and luxurious guestrooms and suites. Wedding guests can celebrate the wedding week or weekend in style by spending a few days dining at the chic Level Two or recharging in our sparkling pool and fitness center. Before the big day, relax in a spacious suite with dazzling views of The Magnificent Mile. Now that you have seen what we have to offer, we hope you come again soon.