“European Feel”

Inn at Lincoln Park
Ranked #148 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I love this place! It is close to everything in Lincoln Park with onsite parking and is priced reasonably. It has a quaint European feel to it. I plan to stay here many more times in the future while visiting the city.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Cynthia E
innlp, General Manager at Inn at Lincoln Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your return business. We will be starting our room upgrades in a few months to include new mattresses, box springs and bed linens. We can't wait for you to see the new upgrades when you visit is again. Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for Inn at Lincoln Park

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We did not have a hot water in our apartment and stayed at a hotel. This had the most affordable price of a hotel in Chicago. It was also a great location with shops, movie theatre, and restaurants close by. The L is a four block walk, however, buses are close by. I would recommend this hotel as an affordable place to stay when in the city. It is north of the downtown area but not very far from the Chicago spots! The room we stayed in was small, however, the hotel and the room was nice with the necessary accomodations!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MKSC4250
innlp, General Manager at Inn at Lincoln Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

We so appreciate your warm compliments. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and to thank us so graciously. We love pampering our guests and providing a comforting oasis away from home while you are relaxing on vacation.

We are so happy we were able to help you celebrate your anniversary and make a special time even more special. Thank you again for your review! It was absolutely our pleasure to serve you.

Paul Schoonover

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Its in a good location. Easy to get around & return back to.
The staff were ok, some do need some training in manners while others were perfect in their customer service.
The rooms do need to be updated - which may also get rid of the musty smell which seems to linger. The elevator was not a fun ride.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ghost_of_the_World

Thank you for feedback. We will be doing a few renovations this spring to improve the overall appearance of our rooms. We do apologize about the elevator. The hotel was built in 1918 so the size is small. It does surprise people when they first see it. We hope you will return soon to see what we have accomplished to resolve the issues that you had. Thank you. Paul Schoonover, General Manager

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I arrived at the hotel expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. It is very dated but this also makes it a bit unique I think. Was it particularly clean? No. Did it have an odd smell? Yes. That being said it was very cheap and in a good location so I would actually recommend staying here as long as you don't expect much and are on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tgannon

We really appreciate the time you took to write your review. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your visit. We are located about one mile from downtown which makes us a great home base for exploring our wonderful city. Thank you for all of your comments. We hope to welcome you for a longer visit soon! Paul Schoonover, General Manager

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here with my sister for a trip to Chicago- the room smelled musty, soaps in the bathroom had a odd smell. Very old hotel and need of some maintenance I would not stay here again- there other hotels in the area that are in better shape and still in a great location of Lincoln park

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

We would like to apologize for the issues you experienced while visiting the Inn at Lincoln Park. We are so excited about our upcoming renovation to correct the issues that you had during your recent trip. We invite you to visit us again in the late spring or early summer. We will be addressing many issues that our guests have brought to our attention. We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your visit. Thank you. Paul Schoonover, General Manager

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I'm sure in its day this was a beautiful hotel, but it is now very dated. Pink/purple tile in the bathroom with lots of cracks, bad spackling jobs for the toilet and sink, poor water pressure in the shower. The rooms are decent sized and the bed comfortable. It is in a good location if you want to stay in Lincoln Park area of Chicago, and reasonably priced. There is a daily continental breakfast offered until 10:30. Close to shopping, restaurants and public transportation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank UncleA

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The situation you described regarding the condition of your room is truly regrettable. I will be sure to meet with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure that these problems are properly addressed. As well, I apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed these issues to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Paul Schoonover, General Manager

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was ready to write a nice review of this hotel until I encountered a problem. Was ready to leave and pick up my car from the off-site parking area. They have a fairly complicated system for off-site parking which requires one to validate parking, drive out of the parking garage every day and re-enter. When I checked in and asked the staff if I would have to drive out and re-enter on my last day, since I was leaving, I was told 'no'. So imagine my surprise when I tried to do just that,
and was told I owed $45 from the automated machine. I had to run back to the hotel and ask for their assistance. They told me there was nothing they could do, accept refund the $15 I had already paid. They became very rude. I think for a small price ($30) on their part, they could have rectified this situation and made me a very happy customer. Instead, they decided to do nothing. It's one thing when staff is kind and helpful when all is going well, but I expect them to do the same when problems arise. I believe I was given incorrect information from one of the staff. There may have been a misunderstanding on my part, but it was a complicated and unclear, unwritten system.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wbljeno

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over-all issues you had and any inconvenience you may have encountered which did not live up to your expectations. Paul Schoonover, General Manager