All reviewswalking distancebeds were comfortablediverseywalmartwrigleydowntownhairdryerstarbuckslampconveniencemidwayuber
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Small, clean and charming, affordable and in a great location near the water in safe and nice urban lincoln park. Close to diversey harbor, 15 minute walk from wrigley field, near a starbucks and Walgreens and lots of shopping in case you forget anything. Tons of great ethnic affordable restaurants, this place can't be beat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa O
innlp, General Manager at Inn at Lincoln Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

We appreciate your comments and your review. We are an older hotel but the location is the best location in the Lincoln Park area. We are very happy that your visit to Chicago and our hotel was good. We invite you to visit us again in the late fall or early next year. We are planning on our renovation to start in November. We will be very excited to have you return and let us know what you think of our new look. Thank you again. Paul Schoonover, General Manager

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel was convenient to my business venue and I was expecting a vintage boutique hotel for the price I was paying. Quaint lobby, so I couldn't wait to see the room. Basically, I assume homeless shelters offer better amenities. I had only dropped my bags in the room before departing to my afternoon meetings and then dinner. I arrived back at my room at midnight and looked for the AC. The unit was a very noisy window conditioner, but the room definitely needed some air circulation so I grin and beared it. The next morning I woke up and turned on the hot water tap in the sink, only to discover only a tiny trickle came out. I then turned on the hot water in the shower and discovered that only a trickle flowed there as well. The cold water tap offered good pressure, so I had to alternate between mostly cold and a little bit of hot to rinse off. Thankfully I was checking out that morning. Reception didn't even bother to ask how my stay was- I assumed they knew. I definitely would not recommend this place. Also there was a stray hair on my bath towel- not one of mine.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jesse A

We would like to apologize for the issues you experienced while visiting the Inn at Lincoln Park. We are so excited about our upcoming renovation to correct the issues that you had during your recent trip. We invite you to visit us again in the late fall or early next year. We will be addressing many issues that our guests have brought to our attention. We appreciate the time you took to let us know about your visit. Thank you. Paul Schoonover, General Manager

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Clearly old and a little tired, but trying hard nonetheless. Room generous size with all necessary amenities. Must have been a Best Western at one time - current logo looks just the same but looks as though someone painted out the Best Western part. Free parking on site, not that common in Chicago. No useful free internet - you have to pay for it. AC in window - I am glad I didn't have to use it. If you need to be in Lincoln Park and don't need a first or second class presentation, should work OK. Neighborhood is lively and many food options nearby.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DanSmith847

Thank you for your response and feedback. We invite you to visit us again in the late fall or early next year. We will be addressing many issues that our guests have brought to our attention. See you soon. Paul Schoonover, General Manager

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Location: If you're not staying downtown, you can't beat the location. About 5/8 of a mile from Wrigley Field. Walk up Clark Street or take the #22 Clark bus northbound. The Lincoln Park Zoo (free) is about 3/4 of a mile south as is the Nature Museum. The Landmark Century Theatre is a block away with seven screens showing independent and foreign films. There are literally scores of restaurants within walking distance.

The Hotel: I won't elaborate as most of the other reviews are on target. Yes, it is antiquated. But the room was clean. There was a large flat screen TV on the wall that worked well. And the free WI-FI was always reliable. Disregard the review by Tammy W as she is clearly describing a different hotel as there is no coffee shop (other than the breakfast room and a 24-hour coffee bar); no farmers market across the street; and no rooftop bar/lounge. The neighborhood is lively and can be noisy. If you want quiet, ask for rooms ending in 20 or 22 (larger rooms) and 24(small). These rooms are on the backside of the backside of the hotel but you will forego a view. There are no newspapers but you can get them a few door away at Starbucks, Panera, Walgreens or Market Place.

Dining: As mentioned, there are scores of restaurants. Finer diner options, all owner operated, within walking distance are : (1) Sapori Trattoria a block south of Diversey on Halsted, reservatons recommended, a tab pricey but very good with large portions; (2) Select Cut Steak House, Diversey and Halsted, reasonable prices, I'm partial to their baby back ribs; (3) La Creperie, north of Diversey on Clark St. on east side of street, hearty dinner crepes, wine a bit pricey, very old décor; and (4) Pars Cove, 2 1/2 blocks east of hotel on Diversey, Persian cuisine, reasonably priced, generous portions, nice décor.

Reaching Hotel by Public Transportation: (1) From O'Hare: Take Blue Line to Logan Square, exit at Logan Square, board #76 Diversey (marked Nature Museum) to Clark and Broadway where you're at the hotel. Takes about 75 minutes. (2) From Greyhound and Union Station: Take the #156 LaSalle bus and get off at Diversey. Walk three blocks east to hotel. However, this bus operates weekdays only from early morning to roughly 8 PM. From Union Station (not Greyhound) you can also take the #151 Sheridan bus that operates daily. Get off at Diversey also. However, this trip will take longer than the #156.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ChicagoKen60657

Thank you for your recent visit to the Inn at Lincoln Park. The hotel is in an excellent location and is walking distance to Wrigley Field. We invite you to visit us again in the late fall or early next year. We will be addressing many issues that our guests have brought to our attention. Thank you again. Paul Schoonover, General Manager

Reviewed May 15, 2013

This has become our most used hotel in Chicago. It is close to where we want to be. The rooms are old but generally clean. The complimentary breakfast is well above average and the staff is polite. If you are lucky enough to find it, it's within a stone's throw from Galway Bay. This bar is a gem, but you can walk by it without even knowing it;s there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Wayne H

Thank you for your feedback on the Inn at Lincoln Park. We are planning a major renovation in the fall so your next visit will hold many new and exciting changes. Thank you again for staying with us and we will see you soon. Paul Schoonover, General Manager