“Mona at the front desk is amazing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Majestic Hotel

Majestic Hotel
Ranked #49 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
“Mona at the front desk is amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

The personal attention she gives to my parents is above and beyond. She always makes sure their visit is comfortable. The hotel is perfectly located near my home, the recent renovations are a nice improvement in the lobby and lounge area.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about the Majestic Hotel and our experience there on 6/8/14-6/10/14. We received a recommendation to stay here during our short stay in Chicago for part of our honeymoon. I can confidently state that this hotel exceeded all our expectations!

The outside doesn't look like your typical hotel, nor does the first inside hallway. But that's part of the charm of the Majestic! It's homey, like a B&B, but better!

First, Mona and Dan were FANTASTIC! Mona welcomed us the first night we checked in and helped us get settled. Dan was a pleasure to talk to at breakfast. When Dan and Mona found out we were staying there for our honeymoon, they bought us a Berry Chantilly cake from Whole Foods and had it in our room waiting for us when we arrived back that night. Talk about going the extra mile to make us feel special!

The property is in the Wrigleyville neighborhood and we loved being able to walk to Wrigley. It's also super close to bus stops and the train station. We used buses and trains to get everywhere around Chicago. It's in a neighborhood and we never felt unsafe.

The room was nice too. We loved the TV options. You can get right on the internet on the TV (which was cool!) and we even watched a movie on Stars one night after a long day. I loved the variety of snacks and drinks also available in our rooms, for super reasonable prices (a coke was only $1).

I would definitely recommend the Majestic and I would definitely stay there again when going to Chicago.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor by the elevator. We could hear the elevator or the neighboring room door...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather A
Vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Although the staff were super obliging in this hotel the rooms/services were not pleasant.

This hotel is miles out of town - all of which could be forgiven if the rooms were nice - which they were not. I don't know, maybe it was just our room but we were booked in for 5 nights and only stayed for one.

The whole hotel is stuck in the 70s and needs a serious makeover! Our bedroom window was disgusting! It had condensation trapped down between the panes of glass and looked out into some dingy alley.

The breakfast was really unpleasant and was served school style with several people sharing a bench & table. The (extremely stale and sometimes still frozen) muffins/croissants were not appealing whatsoever!

I could not in good faith recommend this hotel to people my age....or to anyone who wants a little bit of luxury for their holiday!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JenniferWDwan
Keith S, Regional Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was happy to read the positive feedback on our team members. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guest. It is of course with great concern that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in anyway. I have brought your feedback to the attention of the entire management staff and addressed each mentioned issue with the departments involved, in an effort to prevent any similar occurences from happening in the future.

We just finished a full renovation of the property and we hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the Majestic Hotel.

Keith E. Scott
Regional Manager
broughtonHOTELS
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Majestic was a delightful departure from the "chain" hotels...very friendly and welcoming and had an old world quality about it.. Our room could have been a little bigger, but overall we loved it. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Joliet, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We reserved a block of rooms for my daughters wedding. I reserved my room months in advance. When it came to check-in, I was given a completely different room, only two beds, not suite, and I was the mother of the bride!!!!! This room was on the ground floor, right across the hall from the front desk.

The noise and traffic were ridiculous. After two nights out of three, I finally complained so much they moved me to a suite on the 3rd floor. Finally!!!

Don't accept a room on the ground floor. Also, don't bother to look at the cute photos posted on their website.

They have redecorated in black formica - Headboards, nightstands, etc. They are catering to folks bound for Wrigley field, so they have gone with stuff that will take a beating. No quaint antiques, no atmosphere.

I will say the employees are trying to do their best against all odds. If you just want a cheap place to stay and you don't care, then go for it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank lu b
Keith S, Regional Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Majestic Hotel to host your family and friends for your daughters wedding. I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed in the room you were given at checkin. I would like the opportunity to discuss with you further so that we can fully investigate your experience. Please contact me at 773-404-3499.

We look forward to the opportunity to restore your confidence and welcome you back to the Majestic Hotel in the future.

Keith E. Scott
Regional Manager
broughtonHOTELS
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

From the moment I stepped into the hotel, I felt a warm welcome. Mona at the front desk was like an old friend I hadn't seen in a while, I even gave her a hug before I left. The Bell staff and Housekeeping were always there with a smile and a hello, and were eager to help in anyway.
Location Location Location!!!! I was able to walk not only to the Lake, but to EVERYTHING I came to see and do.
Anything I needed was just a request away.

Room Tip: I only saw my room but it was very quiet and wonderful to sleep in- this is with the hotel being FUL...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael E
Forest Hills, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Booked this primarily for its proximity to Wrigley Field, and it was great for that. 10 minute walk to the ballpark (and corresponding train station); area is fairly residential so felt safe even later at night. Not much in the immediate area; you can walk a few blocks to N. Broadway for some restaurants and coffee shops. Free breakfast was adequate; nothing amazing -- though the staff at breakfast were extremely friendly and helpful, as were all of the staff I interacted with during my stay. The free wifi worked extremely well. Air conditioning unit in the room was fully controllable (I went in May so have no idea about heat). I had a 1-bed room (king, I think) and it was on the small side. There's a desk as well but it's right by the door of the room and the bathroom. Not a ton of clearance between the bed and the shelf underneath the TV -- I banged my head once and shoulder twice. Comfortable bed, no issues with bathroom or housekeeping. There is only 1 elevator and it is both slow and small, but I was on the first floor (one above ground) so I walked up/down the 1 flight of stairs except when I had luggage.
Overall: great staff, good hotel, would stay again if I was going to Wrigley.

Room Tip: Stay on first floor (one above ground), as there is only 1 elevator and it is slow and small. Quicke...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo