“Walk to Wrigley Field”
Review of Majestic Hotel

Majestic Hotel
Ranked #70 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is the closest hotel to Wrigley Field. Take about 10-12 minutes. Nice walk. Hotel is in a nice quite neighborhood. Plenty of great restaurants on Broadway which is a couple of minutes walk away. The continental breakfast is okay, but not great.

Room Tip: Book online for the best deal.
2  Thank Hafa670

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My son and I did our annual visit to Wrigley for the Sox/Cubs game. The hotel is about 4 blocks from Wrigley. No on-site restaurant, but ample choices nearby. We had a two bed suite with mini bar and fridge. The room was clean, with two TVs, and above-average bathroom accessories. What really sets this hotel apart from others that I've stayed is the day manager. When I told her that I had to cancel my last night due to unforseen circumstances, she did so without pause, even tho I violated their 48 hr. cancell clause. She is a lovely young woman from Rumania with a slight, charming accent. She couldn't have been more helpful. And to cap off the stay, the Cubs won, 8-3.

Room Tip: The two bed suite is a real value.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you're looking to be close to, but not in the middle of the action, this is a sweet little neighborhood hotel. Stayed again last week for 3 nights and it reminded me just what a little gem it is. I have stayed at many of the noted Michigan Avenue hotels over the years. Even the best are large, busy and often noisy. The Majestic, by contrast is small, personable and quiet. It's about 15 minutes south of downtown on a side street just 1 block off Lake Shore Drive, in the Lake View neighborhood. Although small, rooms are always clean and comfortable. The staff is attentive and always helpful. The neighborhood has many great (not-touristy) restaurants in walking distance and it's easy to walk under LSD to take a morning stroll along the lake shore. The included continental breakfast buffet is ample to get you going for the day. They have a convenient parking arrangement with the neighboring condo building and are also easily accessible to public transit. I will keep coming back.

Room Tip: If you like a larger room, book a sun room.
2  Thank Mary N
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Richard checked me in and made me feel very comfortable. Mona was very nice also and very helpful. This was my first trip to Chicago and the Majestic made it that much better. I can't forget Cory and Dan they did google searches at the drop of a hat for me very nice. Thank you for a wonderful experience. The Majestic will be the only place that i stay at if i visit Chicago again.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms
1  Thank beau l
marino44, Regional Manager at Majestic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Majestic Hotel for your recent visit to Chicago. I am very pleased to read that our team members especially Richard, Mona, Cory, and Dan gave you such a wonderful experience.

We are also glad that you will only stay at the Majestic when visiting Chicago, and can't wait to welcome you back.

Keith E. Scott
Regional Manager
Broughton Hotels

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a Cubs game. The staff was friendly and helpful, and we were walking distance to Wrigley. The rooms were spacious and it was quiet. The neighborhood was also quiet and we never felt like we were in any distress walking in the evening. Wonderful experience. Our room was $175 a night, a little pricey but it was worth it to visit Chicago.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is quite different from the normal hotels I book...this is a small boutique hotel with lots of personality. Our room was a very large 2 room suite with Free wifi. Now, normally I don't like a mini bar, but here we had a mini bar and a regular little frig for our own items...very nice to have the choice....But, the best thing about the mini bar was that they didn't try to rip you off for the items...everything was very reasonable...cokes were $1. and they had $1. snacks and candy...and the red bull was about the same price as the convenience store....for that reason alone we will stay there again. The rooms are more traditional, but seemed very clean. Great location, just steps to Lakeshore Dr....lots of great restaurants in the neighborhood.
Staff is Super nice and friendly...one of our favorite staffs on the trip...they really made you feel at home...Thank you Mona and the crew

1  Thank Rich R
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just had a return visit to the Majestic, and as always, everything was perfect. Great location, close to wonderful restaurants, Wrigley Field and of course the lake. Wonderful walking neighborhood. We had a small problem with the shelf in the bathroom and it was fixed when we returned to our room. The breakfast was great with fresh fruit and assorted pastries, juices and coffee selection. The ambiance is wonderful, with a cozy Europeon feel. The best is the staff, Mona, who is helpful, warm and welcoming, and everyone we came in contact with. They all gave us great directions and suggestions for great dining. We will always stay there on return trips.

1  Thank albertbrevard