Majestic Hotel
$650
$433
$519
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$582
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$484
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$749
  • Room Service
$1,300
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
Orbitz.com
All reviewswrigley fieldlake shore drivecubs gamesun roomafternoon cookiesquiet neighborhoodcontinental breakfastsitting roomwithin walking distancegreat neighborhoodhard boiled eggsyogurtan older buildingparking garageking suitesmall hotelfew blocks
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Majestic. It's in a great location, just a few blocks from Wrigleyville, across Lakeshore from the lake and a few blocks from Boystown. We were able to get to the hotel from ORD via public transport with no problem for +/- $4 per person.

Staff were beyond friendly and helpful. It's an old building, but elegant. The room was average sized for a hotel and everything was very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The TV was a little strange as it's some fancy new internet TV that they were real excited about it. It froze a few times on us and we couldn't get NBC to work, which seemed weird. We weren't there to watch TV, so it wasn't a big deal though.

Free breakfast buffet wasn't very good-- but there are 3 grocery stores within 3 blocks where you can procure cheap breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I just spent 5 days at the Majestic and had a wonderful experience. The hotel staff are very professional but very friendly as well. They gave great restaurant recommendations and I never had any issues with my room. The hotel is on the older side but still very nice. Was not the biggest fan of breakfast but does offer a good variety. I would stay there again. Great location.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I plan to stay here again on my next visit to Chicago. The hotel feels more like a bed and breakfast because of the amazing customer service and personal attention to your needs. It is a historic building so it feels charming and less like a cookie cutter chain hotel. The location was great. I could walk to a ton of restaurants or take a jog on Lakeshore Drive (If I jogged.) It was close enough to the nightlife but tucked away enough to feel quaint and quiet.

Room Tip: The elevator is small and the rooms aren't gigantic. Don't pack your whole house to bring here.
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recently stayed at The Majestic and received above and beyond customer service from the staff. We brought in quite a large group, and the staff was always available to help find restaurants for us, give suggestions of places to go during the week, etc. Super friendly, and super accommodating. It was one of the best stays I've had at a non chain hotel that had a great location. I highly recommend The Majestic.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently planned an event for my company in Chicago and needed to find a venue where we could stay overnight and have our meetings. The Majestic was the perfect place. The location is perfect because it is close to the city but a bit more quaint than staying in the heart of downtown. What stood out the most was the customer service. Everyone I came into contact with was polite and willing to go the extra mile to make sure I had everything I needed and make recommendations when I was in need of ideas. Jennifer, the Director of Sales and Mona were the most memorable but the rest of the staff was also top notch. I would definitely recommend staying at The Majestic to all of my friends, family and colleagues. I would also like to recognize the parking garage that is used by the Majestic. They were fantastic and shared the same gold star customer service as the Majestic. I had a colleague with a broken leg so we needed to get our rental car in and out of the garage several times a day. This was not a problem at all and they were always very polite and prompt.

Room Tip: This is an older hotel (opened in 1928 as a women's dormitory) so all bathrooms have the combined tub and shower.