“Convenient hotel with a Fridays attached”

Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #130 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Palm Beach, Florida
“Convenient hotel with a Fridays attached”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a very hotel close to the airport. It is in a "compound" with about 6 or 7 hotels with something to meet everyone's needs. I like this Courtyard (I've stayed here several times) because there are no surprises. It's a busy hotel but it's still quiet. It has a Fridays attached so you know what to expect. My room was on the first floor all the way at the opposite end from Fridays. I did not even hear a door close all night. The wifi signal was quite week though. The only negative thing was the airport shuttle. You can wait 20-30 minutes for a shuttle even after calling the hotel. The shuttle services all the hotels in the "compound" so it can take awhile.

Room Tip: The far end of the hall (opposite end from Fridays)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CHICM1160, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! I apologize that you had issues with our WiFi and shuttle service. I will investigate and correct the causes to these issues immediately. Thank you for bringing them to my attention. Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Justin Rodgers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Portage, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Upon arrival, I was delighted by Caitlyn while checking in. She was amazing!!!! I actually wanted to recruit her for my company. Although the room was very roomy and my fiance raved about how comfortable the bed was, I would return just to be delighted by Caitlyn at the front desk. She really can uplift you from a long plane or car ride.Overall, the the stay was great. The staff helped me get to the nearest shopping center, and we enjoyed cocktails at the TGI Fridays connected to the hotel. The breakfast looks amazing, and although their were healthy options. There should be meals without pork or meat for vegetarians or religious purposes. With that said the Starbucks coffee was delicious and the staff at the cafe was great. I will stay here again soon. I was very impressed because a category 4 hotel seems more like a category 10. Thanks.....

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CHICM1160, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Lawrence,

Thank you very much for responding to my email. Our team takes great pride in the level of service that they deliver and will be ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your stay. If I can ever be of assistance to you in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Midway and have a fantastic day!

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This property is located in a hotel complex with a Fairfield, Marriott and Holiday Inn. I suggest you stay at one of those. This Courtyard is understaffed, long wait to check in, they don't open the bistro at night because there is a Friday's next door (very odd). In addition I requested a balcony room because they have plenty of them but they claimed none were available when I finally got to check in ( it was a Sunday night so I find that hard to believe).

• Stayed July 2014
CHICM1160, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for responding to my email. Our balcony rooms are our most frequently requested rooms in the hotel, so they are generally the first to fill up. I do apologize for the wait that you experienced. We did receive an unusual amount of last minute bookings that night, which all came in at the same time. We do have your balcony room reserved for your stay with us this evening and we look forward to hosting you again.

Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This is the hotel that sold me on the Courtyard brand. Very clean and the staff is attentive, taking care of wants and needs. This is our 2nd stay at this hotel and we plan to be back next time we fly out of Midway. Confident in our vehicle security too.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CHICM1160, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of our facility and our staff! It was a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to doing so again.

Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here because it is convenient for our morning flight. This is the second time we have recently stayed at a Courtyard, and I will repeat that it is totally plastic, lacking in character. I suppose that is what a lot of travelers are seeking. However, the price was very high for what you get. Definitely overpriced.
The service was good, and the rooms were clean. That's the good part. The food for breakfast was quick, and not terribly good.

The biggest gripe is that our mattress was lumpy. Maybe we were spoiled by the comfort of our bed at the Marriott Renaissance for the previous two nights, which was perfect. Maybe I was just restless because of the need to awake early for the flight the next day. But I can't believe we paid more for a night at this place than a night at the Renaissance. It makes more sense to stay at one of the cheap places near the airport.

Room Tip: Stay at a cheaper place near the airport. You will still get what you need. And maybe a free break...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I do apologize that our property did not meet your expectations. Different locations and seasons will have different pricing. We are located in the 3rd largest city and are an airport location, which lead to higher costs. Consistency is what you will find at each of our Courtyard Brands. Each one is very similar to the other. IF that is not what you are looking for then you might want to try one of our Autograph Collection hotels. I do apologize for the manner in which you found your mattress. We will have it replaced immediately. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Midway and for taking the time to post a review of our property.

Pittsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Reserved 2 rooms for 5 nights and informed desk upon check in that the second room was not needed until the following night due to 2nd traveler being delayed.

Guests stayed for 5 &4 nights spending over 2300 at hotel. A month later guest found out he was charged with a 270 bill for the first night for the 2nd room that was cancelled!

Really??? Customer is always wrong, that is the hotel policy, Best you might be able to do is bet a partial refund for the amount you were overcharged in the first place.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I do apologize for any inconvenience that the guest that stay experienced due to the charge. We do have very strict cancellation policies in place due to our hotel being an airport property. We have limited inventory and it is important for our guests to communicate and cancel by 6:00 PM the day of the reservation. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Midway.

Buford, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Typical courtyard. Hotel is nothing special but does provide a comforting place to stay very close to midway airport. Traffic is not good in this area so if you need a quick trip to the airport this is where you want to be. Hotel staff is polite. Cleanliness in room could be better. My shampoo and conditioner in the room was already used when I first arrived and replaced back as if it was new! My AC has dust caked in it and flaps around when my AC turned on. I hope it's dust and not mold. Lastly my room smelled kind of dingy when I first entered. Either I got used to it or when I opened the balcony door and let it out, smell went away. With the negative there is plenty of positives. TGI Fridays connected to hotel and can charge on room. Hotel has balconies. Courtyard area is clean and nice. Front desk/lounge area is clean and nice. Overall- good customer service, good location, good common areas. Bad, clean room 239 and hold your housekeeping staff to higher standards. I would return here and attempt a different room in the future and will hope housekeeping will be up to par.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CHICM1160, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
John,

I sincerely apologize for the state of your guestroom when you checked in. These issues should never happen from a veteran team like ours that is ranked in the top of the Brand. I assure you that this is a rare occurrence and will be used as a training point so that it will never come up again. Please contact me directly the next time you come to Chicago so that I can take care of you personally.

Justin Rodgers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport

Been to Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!