“Refurbished hotel; friendly & caring staff”

Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #130 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Refurbished hotel; friendly & caring staff”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice recently and was very impressed with the new look that it has, in the lobby and in the rooms. The staff, from the front desk person to the general manager were all very friendly and caring. I was allotted nice and quiet rooms each time, as requested in my online booking form. I have stayed in almost all the hotels in the Midway hotel complex, and this one is probably one of the best.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CHICM1160, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you very much for the compliments! We appreciate you taking the time to fill out a review and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I spent one night here for business and I thought It might be noisy BUT it was the opposite! SO QUIET!!!!! They have Soundproof Windows and I slept so well. All the rooms have been renovated and the TGI Fridays delivers plus they have a bistro inside with Starbuck's Coffee. A real winner for me! I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had the first floor and it was great!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on business. The staff was very nice. The room was an average hotel room; it was nothing bad or great - average room.

The hotel is 5 minutes from Midway which makes it very easy to catch your flight. The area surrounding the hotel does not seem like the safest and not many restaurant options from what I can see. There is a Friday's connected to the Courtyard, but I did not find many other options off site.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. If you are looking for additional restaurant options, there are 3 other restaurants besides TGIF, right here on Campus. You have the choice of Dempsey's, Coach's, and the Great American Grill. We are also right by the CTA Orange Line which can take you right into the heart of Chicago. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott - Midway Airport!
Winston-Salem,NC
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Very nice hotel...friendly and hard-trying staff...nice lobby....poor TV-selection...very quiet and felt very safe...no restaurant in hotel but it is attached to a TGIF's ...cramped parking...neighborhood is Ok...plenty of restaurants in the fenced in hotel/restaurant complex.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for bringing the parking situation to our attention. We will discuss this at our next campus meeting. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Midway!
ALL OVER THE WORLD
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is the perfect hotel for a pre or post-flight stay in Chicago.

I do not know how long the hotel has been there, but if you were to tell me that it was less than six months old, I would believe you, everything was in impeccable condition, clean and well-maintained.

Check in was very fast and efficient (I did check in rather late at night) and from parking my car to entering my room was less than five minutes.

Wifi is free. The speed was acceptable for what I needed. There was no issue with connectivity.

The bathroom in the room was HUGE! The only thing that made me think the hotel was older was that it had the older style sink-outside-the-bathroom style, with just the toilet and shower in the main room.

The shower was great, HOT water and great water pressure.

I used the free computers in the lobby to print my boarding pass in the morning. There were also computers in the lobby to use for general internet access if you were not traveling with a laptop or tablet of your own.

The bistro area looked nice, although I did not get a chance to use it. The receptionist also pointed out "The Market", a 24 hour general store with snacks and essentials, directly next to the reception.

The hotel has a TGI Fridays attached to it and they offer room service until the restaurant closes at night, which is a nice added extra.

The hotel is VERY close to Midway, one block south of the airport. Noise was never an issue though.

Be aware that the airport area is not very nice at all. You would not want to be walking down the streets of this area, so, especially if you don't have a car of your own, I would stay inside the hotel once checked-in. But for most people, this hotel is a stop over before a flight, so it shouldn't be an issue.

There is a free shuttle to and from the airport, although I had my own car, so did not use it.

Overall, a great stay and above my expectations and above my previous Courtyard experience at a much older property in Miami. The quality of the hotel, cleanliness, furnishings and service actually exceeded my previous stay at a regular Marriott hotel. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard for a short stay visting family and it was very nice. When I lived in Chicago I would visit people at this hotel and I thought it was just okay. However they recently renovated the place and it is very nice. The guy at the front desk ( I think his name was Jose) checked me in quickly and was very polite.

My room had two queen beds, flat screen tv, desk and chair. The room was a nice size and the bathroom was a well. I could hardly hear any noise from the planes as I expected. The only downside is that you pay $14 for parking which I think is too high. There is a Fridays connected to the hotel as well as a few other options within walking distance. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to post a review. It was a pleasure hosting you at our facility and we hope to see you again soon.
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stopped in for a couple of nights of R&R after an extended assignment in the northwest suburbs. The proximity to the airport is great; but noise is not a problem, very peaceful. Dining close by offers a few options; and we had good luck at TGI Friday's on both occasions. Courtyard has a great reasonably priced hot breakfast, and we enjoyed that as well, great service.

We had plans for touring; but I was a little leery about in-town traffic. I got a great tip from the front desk about the Orange Line from the airport. I took the advice and turned in my rental car two days early. The hotel shuttle will get you to the airport in less than 10 minutes, it's a 30 minute elevated (you get some pretty good views on a nice day) train ride; and the Orange Line circles The Loop. Our first stop from the train to the Wendella Tour boats was a 10 minute walk. From there we took a free trolley to the Navy Pier (runs Summer only). From there we took a water taxi to the Willis Tower, and from there it was a 3 minute walk back to the Orange Line, all for $4.50 round trip. The hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport and there was virtually no wait for that. All in all, the distance shouldn't turn you off, and the rates are better with no sacrifice to service.

If you have a brand preference, all the majors are in a sort of enclave, so if the full Marriott experience is your thing; it's right here with a well recommended restaurant. Across the way is a Fairfield, and around the corner a Residence Inn. Nothing not to like !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gary L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!