“Nice job on the remodel”

Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #134 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We previously stayed at this Courtyard a couple years ago for a Cubs game. While it's far away from Wrigley Field, the lower price makes up for it (more on that in a bit). It's easy to get to from I-55 and they have a free shuttle that will take you to the Midway Orange line stop.

The hotel remodeled since we last visited and the decor is very nice. The rooms are spacious (ours had a balcony) and tastefully furnished. The shower was forceful and hot (though, the tub was slow to drain), while also being free of mildew (that's a major plus for me). Additionally, the hotel added a Friday's, which was nice after a night downtown (we were there for St. Patrick's Day).

Aside from the slow draining tub (room 423 if management is reading this, sorry for not notifying your front desk, we were a little foggy), my only complain is that the hotel now charges $13 a day/night to park. I don't recall this charge during our previous stay. While $13 isn't a king's ransom, the previously free parking was a major selling point for staying around Midway so as to avoid the parking charge downtown. Please reevaluate this charge as it will affect my choice in hotels next time.

Room Tip: We faced the airport and didn't hear plane noise until after we woke up. I think the key was to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, and recognizing the convenience of the Midway Airport Orange line stop. The CTA is definitely a great way to get into the city from the hotel. The staff and I are pleased to hear that you had a great time; St. Patrick’s Day in Chicago is certainly a good time. Thank you for mentioning the drain it will be addressed ASAP. We also appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and are pleased that you were able to enjoy our renovations.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great location on the South side of Chicago. Very convenient to Midway International airport.Wonderful, warm, friendly staff. They made us feel very welcome. The entire facility was exceptionally clean. The beds were very comfortable. The early morning shuttle was right on time and we received door to door service to Midway airport. Who could ask for more?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan M
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I will make sure that we share your comments with the staff. We make it a priority to review and grow from our guest’s feedback.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience at the Courtyard Chicago Midway, and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend with our son's college swim team. I was pleasantly surprised. I was greated by a namesake, Miss Perez, who was most cordial, friendly and helpful. From that point on, everyone we met at the Courtyard was professional, kind and courteous. The rooms were clean. I was surprised that I didn't notice much of the airplane noise despite being close to Midway Airport. The closeness to Midway was a big plus. My only negative is that breakfast can be a little pricey. I am used to breakfast included at other Marriott hotels. If I were to fly thru Midway again, I would be happy to stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It was our pleasure to host your event, and the staff really appreciates your comments. I will make sure that Ms. Perez is recognized and look forward to serving you the next time you are in the area.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed December 15, 2012

You may have to get used to the airplane traffic and work trucks during certain times but overall this is a good hotel. Clean room, good location, friendly staff at the front desk and adjoining restaurant. I enjoyed my stay and couldn't beat the location for getting around this part of town and accessing the expressway.

Room Tip: I chose a king room and for how little time I was actually there, it turned out to be very comfortab...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your hotel. We really appreciate your business and I am thrilled that you found our location convenient and comfortable for your travel needs.
Thanks again for staying with us and sharing your experience
GM

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I traveled here with a bestfriend for 3 nights total. We decided to drive from Toronto and ended up getting to the hotel at 7am. We planned what to do if we couldn't check in but they gave us a super early check in. All staff were extremely friendly and greeted us with a smile every encounter. The location is close to ford city mall and by car on the highway about 15 minutes to the downtown area. Food was easily accessible everywhere around the hotel. You don't need to pay $300+ for a hotel downtown if you have a car. The swimming pool area and the outside area was perfectly clean and quiet. We tried booking the hotel again on our second trip but it was sold out! No surprise, I'd stay there too!

• Stayed: May 2012
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for your review of our property. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to accommodate you with an early arrival, and that you enjoyed many of the benefits of our convenient Midway airport location. I will make sure to share your comments with our team and wish you many pleasant travels in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

A free shuttle ride from Midway airport. Great service especially from Maribel in the lobby area. Had a false fire alarm but hotel handled it well even emailed an apology and had front desk do same later that night. Clean and comfy. Very nice lobby decor. Conference rooms worked well. Minor heat/AC issues in conference room resolved quickly.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will make sure that I share your comments with Maribel at the front desk. I also really appreciate your understanding regarding the fire alarm. It is never our intention to disturb any of our guests, but as we are all aware sometimes things trigger the alarms. I am happy that all systems worked as designed and most of all that there was no real emergency situation or injuries.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.
GM

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is our favorite place to stay when we come to Chicago. Its close to Midway airport, if you want to go into the city you can get the shuttle to take you to the airport and then take the orange line into the city.

Rooms are very spacious, comfortable and very clean. Also, very quiet since its right by the airport.
The staff is always friendly and helpful.
The hotel is connected to the TGI Fridays, just a simple walk through the lobby and you are in the restaurant.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Sherri
Thanks for the review. We know you have options when you travel and appreciate being your “favorite place to stay”. If I can do anything to make your stays in the future with us more comfortable please reach out.
Have a Great Day
Lou DeMarchi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott Midway
Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!