“One of the Best Hotels I've stayed at recently!”

Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Ranked #135 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed here for one night in January 2012 while traveling on business. I arrived at Midway, and not too long after calling for a shuttle, the multi-hotel bus pulled up. There is one shuttle serving multiple neighboring hotels, so they have very quick service.

The check-in staff was courteous, professional, and fast. Once in my room, I quickly placed a room-service order with the on-site TGIFriday's. The room was very nice-spacious with pretty decor. The TV was modern and placed perfectly for lying in bed and viewing. Soon, I was sipping wine and munching on pasta after a long day of traveling. The bed was especially comfortable, and I loved the thick and cozy duvet cover.

The next morning, I used the exercise center. There were nice treadmills and ellipticals, each with their own attached TV screen. I didn't have earphones, however, so I had to read the close captioning!

The room's bathroom was very nice and the included toiletries were very good with a lovely scent.

Checkout the next morning was easy and efficient. The shuttle took me back to the Orange Line transit center at Midway, where I took the L back downtown to do so shopping before leaving on Amtrak.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was an incredible value, as it felt quite luxurious at a moderate price!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lcking82

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Hotel is in a great location to the airport, with average rooms andq average service.

• Stayed: January 2012
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel, your rating means a lot to us. Since your stay we have renovated all of the hotel’s guest room as well as our lobby space. I would encourage you to give us another try if you are in the Chicago Midway area in the future. I am sure that we can provide you and your guests with a much improved experience.
Lou DeMarchi

Reviewed December 3, 2011

This is the worst place to stay. Honestly, I probably would have been better staying at Red Roof Inn. The rooms are mediocre. The front desk service is sub-par. The fact that they charge you $13.00 a day to park in a nearly empty parking lot is highway robbery. Just what they charge 120.00 a night for, I haven't figured out yet. Then, on top of that, they continue placing holds on my card everyday for "incidentals" even though I haven't charged a thing to my room. What is that about? I understand keeping a card on file, but continuously placing holds on my account for nothing being charged is ridiculous. I stayed here because I figured a big name like Marriott would have excellent customer service, but because of this stay I will not return to Marriott ever again.

• Stayed: December 2011
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we cannot improve our services without your feedback.

I am excited to announce that our hotel is going to be renovated in early 2012, and the renovation will include a newly designed lobby as well as guest rooms.

We do charge for parking at our location. The revenue from parking allows us to provide many services to our guests including airport transportation that is avialiable 24 hours. It is regretable that you do not agree with our policy regarding holds on a credit card. It is our standard and common in the indusrty to hold $20.00 per day when you stay in our hotel on your credit card. This hold is necessary to gurantee any potential charges from one of our food and beverage outlets, or any other pay services we offer.

It is our goal to satisfy every guest, every stay thank you for your business and for commenting on your experience at our hotel. We would be honored to serve you in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Our room was actually quite large - we were on the top floor. Check in gal was fast and professional, even handling the slow gentleman ahead of me. We only stayed one night due to a 6am departure the following morning. The lobby is very nice. There is a TGIF restaurant attached to hotel and they also deliver to your room, which we did. Room, while not decoratively updated, is fine. Hard to get the temperature just right - but that's just me being picky. Shuttle came right on time, free business center to print boarding pass, nice hot coffee in the lobby (at 4am!). Overall, a great stay and I would choose this hotel again if in the area.

Room Tip: I was on the "airport" side and did not have any trouble sleeping.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I would like to inform you that we are planning some exciting updates to the rooms as well as the lobby area in 2012. We would really enjoy the opportunity to serve you again the next time you return to Chicago.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

My young son and I stayed here on a quick trip for a tournament. We got in at midnight on our flight and caught the shuttle from the airport. Was super easy and they drop you off right in front of the door...for free. We got checked in fast. The rooms are a little dated. The TV was really small, but still fine. Rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast isn't free and you have to pay for parking if you drive. They called us a cab the next morning too. Breakfast wasn't too bad either. Would consider it again if I flew into Midway and needed a short stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2011

As long as you're willing to pay the high price for a hotel room at this prime location, you'll be happy. The staff is great, the property is clean and well-maintained. One note: if you need sleep in the morning, get a room on the South side of the hotel so you don't hear every aircraft as it departs.

Room Tip: Get a room on the South side so you're not listening to the airport.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I think this hotel is abover avergae, but I wouldn't say Very Good. The staff is great, we had three rooms booked in our party and we had a problem with one of the reservations. The staff was very quick to accomadate the problem reservation. They were also very friendly and knew a lot about the area. I think the rooms could have been updated a bit more, but all in all I got a good nights sleep on a comfy bed. The bathroom was your typical hotel bathroom with the sink outside of the bathroom. I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
loudemarchi, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, our staff really appreciates your kind comments. I just wanted to inform you that our hotel will be upgraded and renovated in 2012, and I look forward to your return. Thank you again for your comments

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Chicago Marriott Midway
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#4 of 5 in Bedford Park

Been to Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport? Share your experiences!